Savage Automatic

PDA

johnnytang24
March 2, 2006, 07:56 AM
Does anyone have any information about the Savage semi-automatic shotguns? Are they reliable? Are they still being produced? Is there any reason not to get one?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Automatic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rogmatt
March 2, 2006, 08:00 AM
I have a Savage 720 and a Savage 755 semi-auto. It has been many years since they were produced. I think they ceased production back in the 60s.
They are designed based on the Browning long recoil patent and are reliable.

johnnytang24
March 2, 2006, 12:04 PM
Thanks. Would you recommend one for home defense? I'm thinking of purchasing one with a chopped barrel.

Also, does anyone know the laws on a private sale in PA? Do I need to go through an FFL?

Thanks.

Ash
March 23, 2006, 09:09 PM
I have several. They started out as Auto-5's (720), and then evolved. The 745/750's are alloy receivers while the 720 and 755 are steel. The 755 looks much different.

I have rabbit and duck hunted with a commercial 720, and have a WWII US marked one. They are as reliable as any recoil auto. I like them.

Ash

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Automatic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!