Which gun?

PDA

Mastrogiacomo
April 15, 2003, 11:34 PM
Always wanted a Beretta 85 .380 in nickel but the gun is discontinued in that finish. Just blued now, except I think in the 84 model. Only one shop has the 85 nickel still available for $499. Sounds awfully close to the cost of a Beretta M in black so I don't know if this is a tad high. I'm not working but could put in my charge if I pick up just anything for cash. Or, save for a Sig 239 in two-tone with Hogue grips with finger grooves...that gun's not going anywhere.:) Which would you pick up?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
notbubba
April 16, 2003, 12:11 AM
I don't know anything about the Beretta 85.
So, I don't know if it's worth while, but I do know that the SIG 239 is a great gun.

Someone else will have to talk about the Beretta.

Mastrogiacomo
April 16, 2003, 07:46 AM
The Sig in black is 545 I believe in my area. Not sure what the two-tone would go for or whether I should pick up the last of the 85 Beretta .380 in nickel -- or pass due to the price being a little on the high side.

dav
April 16, 2003, 10:48 AM
Mastrogiacomo wrote:Always wanted a Beretta 85 .380 in nickel ...Mastrogiacomo,
I don't happen to like any of the ones you mentioned, being a 1911 fan, but I can say that if there is one that you have always wanted, that is the one to get.
The best price I could find on the Beretta 85 in nickel was $469, but that required shipping and FFL, so I don't think $499 is bad.
But a Beretta 9000S (9mm) is only $359 in black... probably not on your MA approved list though.
As you say, the SIG isn't going anywhere. You can save up and get it later. Snap up the nickel .380 while it is available. :D

Dav

Bonker
April 16, 2003, 11:54 AM
I'd take a Sig over a Beretta any day. The Sig feels much better in my hands and I've had a fight with Beretta over warranty issues.
If they even suspect you've used a gun in competition, they'll fight you to honor their warranty. At least that was my experience.

If ya just want a small 380 have ya seen the new Kel-Tec?

BerettaNut92
April 16, 2003, 02:50 PM
I think the Cheetah 85 is more...you :D

And because it's you, budget in a second. ;)

10-Ring
April 16, 2003, 03:11 PM
Hey, if you've found the one you've always wanted, BUY IT!

blades67
April 16, 2003, 09:33 PM
If you want it, get it. You only live once, enjoy yourself while you're here.

bompa
April 16, 2003, 09:53 PM
As far as the price being a bit high, well all handguns are priced high in this state...Except when you want to sell one...
You do like those Beretta's don't you ???

Marko Kloos
April 16, 2003, 10:16 PM
I've always liked the Beretta 84 and 85; those are the most elegant little .380s ever made.

The SIG P239, however, is a stellar CCW gun, possibly the best civilian CCW piece on the market today. It is very accurate, ultra-reliable, and easy to conceal thanks to the thin and short single-stack grip. Unlike the baby Glocks, it'll still give you a full three-finger grip, and it can be had in 9mm, .40S&W, or .357SIG. I like the 9mm version the best, but I have to concede that in .40 and .357 it packs an awful lot of punch into a small package.

I've owned two SIG P239s so far, and I can say that they're my favorite SIG Sauers by far, without reservations.

GTKrockeTT
April 16, 2003, 11:29 PM
how about this one?
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8406591

...or perhaps a CZ 83

GTKrockeTT
April 16, 2003, 11:37 PM
how about this one?
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=8406591

...or perhaps a CZ 83 if you're set on .380 and willing to go outside Beretta. very nice, for a much cheaper price. =)

If you enjoyed reading about "Which gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!