Girlfriend 1, Ex-Boyfriend 0

PDA

aguyindallas
March 2, 2006, 01:39 PM
I love to see things like this:
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/7613771/detail.html?subid=10101601

If you enjoyed reading about "Girlfriend 1, Ex-Boyfriend 0" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Thefabulousfink
March 2, 2006, 01:43 PM
Police are questioning the woman.

Questions:

"So whats the best round for crazy ex-boyfriends?"

"Can you teach my wife to shoot like that?"

"Would you like to join the force?"

"What are you doing Saturday night?"

:D

KIDGLOCK
March 2, 2006, 01:44 PM
Good for her.

HRLRDR22
March 2, 2006, 01:45 PM
seems like a pretty simple case of self-defense.....

Taurus 66
March 2, 2006, 01:53 PM
So in essence, she just bought a suburban she'll never drive. Right Preacherman? ;)

HighVelocity
March 2, 2006, 01:56 PM
She probably saw this commercial and was inspired. :evil:

http://www.spikedhumor.com/articles/16957/Commercial_About_Guns.html?autoplay=true

El Tejon
March 2, 2006, 01:57 PM
Yet another victim of gun violence! Quick, alert Sarah Brady of the poor, poor victim's fate.:evil:

orangeninja
March 2, 2006, 02:01 PM
Interesting. I wonder how our Dallas DA will file?

aguyindallas
March 2, 2006, 02:06 PM
HighVelocity: Dude, that was great!

Alduro: Probably for wreckless discharge inside the city limits, Captial Gene Pool Flushing, Disturbing the peace (loud bang).

f4t9r
March 2, 2006, 02:08 PM
good thing she was able to defend herself

MedGrl
March 2, 2006, 02:13 PM
Good for her. I wonder if she's going to be charged with anything...ANyone in DAllas keep us posted on this?

R-Tex12
March 2, 2006, 02:54 PM
Anyone else notice what great reporting that (link) was? :)

Five sentences. Anything more would have been mere fluff.

dracphelan
March 2, 2006, 05:09 PM
"Interesting. I wonder how our Dallas DA will file?"

Considering how this kind of thing has been handled in the past, no charges unless they find something fishy.

Coronach
March 2, 2006, 05:21 PM
As always, too soon to tell. Waaaaaaay too soon.

Nothing looks hinky so far, though. Of course, we only got 5 lines.

Mike

Standing Wolf
March 2, 2006, 05:29 PM
He probably won't try that again very soon.

db_tanker
March 2, 2006, 06:37 PM
wonder what the free rocks value is? :D

Janitor
March 2, 2006, 07:19 PM
Wow. Clear, concise, straight to the point.

I'm trying to imagine what kind of detail between - "a man kicked down the door ..." - and - "the ex-girlfriend grabbed a gun and shot the man" - was left out that might change my opinion of what transpired.

Shoot. Sorry. I gave away the entire plot.

aguyindallas
March 2, 2006, 07:36 PM
We all know the media typically tries to blow things like this out of proportion. Since they have said such limited things, it really must be face value...nothing more than pure self defense.

mbs357
March 2, 2006, 07:47 PM
pwend.
Always good to see the good gals win.

Waitone
March 2, 2006, 07:50 PM
No muss, no fuss, no ceremony. He attacked her and he died. And now no legal expenses for the state and hopefully no legal expenses for the victor.

Hardtarget
March 2, 2006, 07:54 PM
Kick a door down...expect to get shot. Even the police expect this, thats why they use vests and shields. Makes sense to me. The police should buy her a box of ammo.
Mark.

lee n. field
March 2, 2006, 08:18 PM
Short and to the point.

Cliff47
March 2, 2006, 09:04 PM
Gun control means using both hands. I rest my case. The perp rests in peace.

Squidward
March 2, 2006, 09:25 PM
Four sentences! That's it, four sentences? In CA that would be a couple of column inches in length with a picture- on the front page and above the fold. Why? Because guns (as everyone here in Ca knows) are BAD!!!

BTW, good for her!

Dave R
March 3, 2006, 05:11 PM
For the click-challenged:

Overnight Dallas Shooting Leaves Man Dead

POSTED: 9:19 am CST March 2, 2006
UPDATED: 9:30 am CST March 2, 2006
Email This Story | Print This Story

DALLAS -- Police are investigating a deadly shooting overnight in east Dallas.

Detectives said a man kicked down the door of his ex-girlfriend's house on Barry Avenue at about 1 a.m. Thursday.

Police said the ex-girlfriend grabbed a gun and shot the man.

He ran away, collapsed and died.

-----------------------------------

They should all read like that.

willsnipe
March 3, 2006, 05:22 PM
It is interesting to note that, for once the press didn't rake the shooter over the coals. :rolleyes:

Byron Quick
March 3, 2006, 05:37 PM
You don't see people who engage in what appears to be self defense raked over the coals in Texas in the media. You don't see it in Georgia or South Carolina either. Even the migrant press from states such as Massachusetts and California soon learn that such drivel isn't looked upon with favor.

Burt Blade
March 3, 2006, 11:30 PM
She took the law of evolution into her own hands. :neener:

Hmmm, perhaps Ruger might sell a pistol for ladies called the Evolution.

"Ladies, think of it as Evolution in action!" :what:

Double Naught Spy
March 3, 2006, 11:56 PM
They should all read like that.

Yes they should, assuming what was reported was accurate and that we know the bad person in the story was definitely the male.

Some are y'all are just amazingly gullible when it comes to anything pertaining to the possible good use of a firearm.

While the article is in the lingo of "the police say..." obviously they were not there to see the man kick in the door. They did not see the woman grab a gun. They did not see her shoot him. And they did not see him run away and die. They sure as hell did not interview the dead guy.

Where did they get the story? Well, it says the police are investigating. There is only one source in the story, the woman. So basically all of y'all have assumed that the woman reported the events in the manner they occurred, that the man was the bad guy, etc.

This sort of reminds me of Jesse Jackson's antics to racing across country to the aid of a fellow African American obviously done wrong by the man, falsely jailed, etc., until Jackson actually gets the facts straight. He just assumes the African American has been done wrong until the full story emerges and at that time he either defends the character of the wrongly accused, or if the wrongly accused is actually justly accused, then Jackson clandestinely disappears and never speaks of the matter again.

Regardless of what actually happened, there is one survivor telling a story. What other story is she going to tell if not this one? There may be huge motivation for her NOT to be truthful about said circumstances.

STW
March 4, 2006, 02:01 PM
So why do these people always "grab" a gun? Is there no other way pick up a gun in the news? They either grab it if in the same room or "retrieve" it if in some other room (where they presumedly grab it). The English language has approximately half million words and we're stuck with grab. Just a thought.

(Note to self: Consult thesarus before talking with press about any shooting.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Girlfriend 1, Ex-Boyfriend 0" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!