Problems accessing GunsAmerica

PDA

CrazyIrishman
March 2, 2006, 10:01 PM
Has anyone had problems accessing GunsAmerica lately? I see that they have an IP number (216.219.244.51)and the home page comes up,but they're aren't any pics,only the "dreaded RED X".

When you go to page #1 of whatever you want to check on the pics still aren't there. In addition,if you click on page#2 an error pops up that says "cannot find server". I don't have problems with any other firearm specific websites.

Y'all have any ideas? I can't find a phone number for them either.

Thanks!

CI

PS. I did call my ISP yesterday and was told they aren't the problem. My internet connections are ok too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems accessing GunsAmerica" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
220_Swift
March 2, 2006, 10:33 PM
I've been on their a few times today. It just seemed slow to me. The only red X I got was on their logo. Probably an issue with their server.

mnrivrat
March 3, 2006, 12:51 PM
The site doesn't come up for me at all and hasn't for a couple days now ?

CrazyIrishman
March 3, 2006, 02:59 PM
Just to make sure I wasn't imagining things I tried the website again(1:40 pm est). The main page w/ index comes up as usual but now I have pictures on the first page of whatever I am looking for. When I click on any page number after page #1 I still get the "cannot find server" error .

If I click the "HELP" button I get the error too.

Does anyone know if they have a phone number to call?

THX

PS: When you click on pics to see a larger view you get the "cannot find server" error. I tried the pics about 5 mins. ago .

Lone_Gunman
March 3, 2006, 06:32 PM
I just tried to go to gunsamerica.com and I got the "page cannot be displayed" error.

'Card
March 3, 2006, 06:46 PM
They changed servers/hosts/providers, and the re-direct info linking their existing url to their new ip hasn't propagated to your DNS yet.

In other words, it's there - you just can't see it yet because your local node that handles routing and stuff is still pointing you towards the old place. It will catch up in a day or two and then you'll be able to see the site again.

Lone_Gunman
March 3, 2006, 06:48 PM
is there a numeric IP address I can use until the update comes along?

'Card
March 3, 2006, 06:54 PM
Probably, but I can't connect to it right now either, so I couldn't tell you what it is. :)

CrazyIrishman
March 4, 2006, 02:34 AM
The GunsAmerica IP address is 216.219.244.51

If you enjoyed reading about "Problems accessing GunsAmerica" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!