Best shooting setup EVER!!

PDA

carnaby
March 3, 2006, 05:12 PM
If you haven't seen this (http://forums.sixgunner.com/One_example_of_reloading_setup/m_27446/tm.htm), go check it out now. Found this on another recent THR thread.

That is so cool, I can't stand it :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Best shooting setup EVER!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rockrivr1
March 3, 2006, 05:16 PM
You've got to be friggin kidding me! My jealousy meter just pegged!!!

That guy is SO ready for when the world ends.

carnaby
March 3, 2006, 05:20 PM
yeah, I wonder if he has an extra building to store canned chilli. End of the world? Bring it on!

Rob1035
March 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
that is nuts

waterhouse
March 3, 2006, 05:26 PM
I love that he has a Jeep, the sole purpose of which appears to be "target changer transportation".

RichieV
March 3, 2006, 05:32 PM
:what:

gimmegimmegimme!

I *NEED*! I *NEED*!

--Richard

Rockrivr1
March 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
Wait, I just read the whole post and the guy is a Mathmatician. I'm not exactly sure what kind of work that gets you, but damn it must pay good!

MS .45
March 3, 2006, 05:34 PM
That is truly one of the coolest things I have seen. I only drean of such a settup and surroundings.

Warren
March 3, 2006, 05:39 PM
I would not have so many reloading presses but overall I am going to try for that set-up.

But it would not be worht it to do it in California so I think a relocation is in order.

Chipperman
March 3, 2006, 06:03 PM
So, instead of changing dies he just buys another press. A novel approach. Well I 'spose if you have the money and the space, why not.
Beautiful landscape.

torpid
March 3, 2006, 06:13 PM
Man, I don't reload at all and I'm still envious!

It makes me happy to see such a cool setup.

SLCDave
March 3, 2006, 06:20 PM
I guess if you've got it, flaunt it?

I could never justify that type of gross excess in a thousand years.

Beautiful country, though.

AJ Dual
March 3, 2006, 06:39 PM
I think it's one of four things. They're all "wife related".

1. The guy has a wife who dosen't give him crap about anything. Time spent on hobbies, money spent on hobbies, or just hobbies...

2. The guy has no wife.

3. The guy's wife has equaly expensive hobbies, and she has a decidely un-wifely sense of "fairness".

4. The guy has a wife that likes shooting as/almost much as he does.

(4a. His wife is a Dillon Blue Press catalog model.)

Although, a bit more seriously, whenever I do see something that involved, whatever it is, planes, boats, sailing, mountian climbing, whatever... I wonder more about the finances, lifestyle, and personal relationships that permits them the ability to devote so much time and money to their hobby, than I do about the hobby itself.

Zedicus
March 3, 2006, 06:53 PM
*drools* :cool:

carnaby
March 3, 2006, 06:55 PM
(4a. His wife is a Dillon Blue Press catalog model.)I think we can safely rule out 4a. since he'd probably have other things to do in that case, like, uh... :rolleyes:

Moondoggie
March 3, 2006, 08:04 PM
Somebody with plenty of dough and waaaay too much time on their hands.

I like the shooting setup...prolly due to the climate being colder than the frozen Chosin a lot of the time. I could see myself setting something like that up for my final residence someday.

You'd think somebody smart enough to earn enough to afford all of that could figure out how to change the tool head thingy on the Dillon thingamajigs.

If you shot enough ammo to NEED that many presses, how would one ever have the time for a SO?

Makes me wonder what the gun collection must look like.

M2 Carbine
March 3, 2006, 08:32 PM
That's a nice setup.:)

yesterdaysyouth
March 3, 2006, 08:52 PM
you'd think he'd went all out and installed an electric garage door opener....
:neener:

Stevie-Ray
March 3, 2006, 09:02 PM
Well, it's OK. I prefer mine. Yup, my Dillon is perched on my bench which is a desk in the corner of my upstairs. I have an astounding 25 or so square feet of space to put it all in, thus a lot of crap layin around, and the lovliest veiw of my neighbor's roof and the adjoining street. Ah, peace and contentment.;)

carnaby
March 3, 2006, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah, well I have about 40 boxes of casings in the garage, that I'm saving for when I get a reloading setup, and a great view of the inside of my garage. Beat that! :p

trickyasafox
March 3, 2006, 09:36 PM
i remember when this thread first popped up, and im still in awe

Hoploholic
March 3, 2006, 09:50 PM
The only thing I don't like about the set up is that he can't see to either side of the shooting lane and has no idea if someone is up there who shouldn't be. Granted the homestead looks isolated but one thing you never do concerning lanes of fire is assume or leave to chance. That is a sweet shop though. I can't even afford one of those Dillions. :p

pauli
March 3, 2006, 10:16 PM
i Do Not Like the whole "shooting from the reloading room" concept. other than that, it's cool.

CB900F
March 3, 2006, 10:32 PM
Fella's;

The referenced threat from sixgunner is excellent. I brought my wife down & showed that set up to her. I then asked her not to give me any crap about my reloading set up ever again. I pointed out that if I so desired, I now had a goal, a record to pass, a bar to top. She got the point.

:D 900F

Stickjockey
March 3, 2006, 11:31 PM
Why was it the first thing I thought when I saw that room was, "Good morning, class. Welcome to Reloading 101."

That's just over the top.

Rob1035
March 3, 2006, 11:36 PM
all of those presses are manual right? I mean you have to pull the lever....how many levers can you pull at once?

waterhouse
March 4, 2006, 10:40 AM
Rob, it isn't a question of how many levers you can pull at once, it is how many times you have to change the reloading setup. When most people want to switch calibers, they change out the dies, possibly the primers, the bullets, the powder measurement, etc.

This guy seems to just have a different press for each different caliber (not quite, since he says he reloads over 100, but that is the concept). He wants to load .45, he does. .357? Step to the next machine without missing a beat.

Sure, it's pretty excessive, but excessive in a way that makes me smile instead of excessive like some rock/rap/sports stars.

NewShooter
March 4, 2006, 10:57 AM
My guess is he's making money off that setup somehow. Maybe selling ammo? If he's not getting any return on his investment other than happiness, then the words "GUN NUT" really do come into play here.

Rob1035
March 4, 2006, 03:55 PM
waterhouse- i hadnt even thought of that, thanks!

1 old 0311
March 4, 2006, 04:38 PM
Well now we know where God lives:) :) :) :) :) :)

Kevin

MrMex
March 4, 2006, 04:57 PM
The shooting hole is definitely neat, I would add an indoor pistol range to complete it though.:)

Never looked in to reloading much but curious,l how mush do the presses, dies etc cost?

Rembrandt
March 4, 2006, 04:58 PM
There's always room for improvement.....might I suggest closed circuit TV cameras on the targets, add a monitor next to the shooting bench so one doesn't have to strain for the binocs and a spotting scope.

14YEAROLDGUNADDICT
March 4, 2006, 06:17 PM
:what:

Curare
March 4, 2006, 06:49 PM
Wow--that guy must be rather neurotic.

Curare
March 4, 2006, 06:55 PM
Won't try to explain it, but my load development does not follow any conventional approach or recommended method. Am usually changing upwards of a dozen, two dozen, even three dozen factors at a time. This is not recommended for anyone else. But experimenting on life-changing processes with three dozen factors on twenty conflicting objectives which produces in excess of 60 billion conceivable combinations is what I do, so I tackle ammunition, shooting, and hunting the same way. Don't know any better. (Don't ask my passengers about the experience when I am flying and decide to experiment.)

Definitely neurotic!

Zen21Tao
March 4, 2006, 08:29 PM
I've just started reloading a few weeks ago with a Lee Turrent press and 2 die sets (10mm and .500 S&W). I am REAL envious of that setup. I fear that my meager reloading hobby will suck up much of my $$$ trying to get half that set-up. Guess I can say goodbuy to personal savings. :banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "Best shooting setup EVER!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!