Thinking of ditching my USP45C....

PDA

Skunkabilly
January 3, 2003, 11:27 AM
I like my USP45C but have a hard time choosing it over my P7M8, and am thinking of selling and replacing with an Expert or Elite for competition.

Has anyone ditched their compact arms after getting their P7M8 and not regretting it one bit?

I don't miss the other guns I sold: Benelli SBE, USP40F one bit, either.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking of ditching my USP45C...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Shake
January 3, 2003, 11:43 AM
You're nuts. . . :eek: :D

Shake

Kahr carrier
January 3, 2003, 11:48 AM
I would keep it.:evil:

10-Ring
January 3, 2003, 12:03 PM
:evil: Keep the compact & just save up for an Expert & or Elite :neener: How do you expect to have your addiction grow if you keep selling off guns because you no longer need them :what:

Betty
January 3, 2003, 12:24 PM
Sell it to me.... :evil:

fatboyclone
January 3, 2003, 12:54 PM
its always a bad idea to sell something you have to get something else you want.

Chipperman
January 3, 2003, 01:23 PM
I have a 45c also, and Never carry it. I carry either a P7M8 or M13, depending on my clothes and the situation. (Occasionally I carry my 45 Tactical when I'm feeling particularly frisky :evil: )

Would I sell the 45c? NO WAY. It's a great gun, and would be pretty hard to replace in MA now. :banghead:

If you can't afford to get an Elite or Expert unless you sell it, then maybe...
I'd just save money for a while and keep the Compact.

Oleg Volk
January 3, 2003, 02:00 PM
I'd buy it from you so I could be like runt and carry a real gun (very reliable).

Glock Glockler
January 3, 2003, 02:06 PM
Skunkabilly,

I have shot P7s and they are excellent guns. At the end of the day, listen to your gut and the force and go from there.

If you do choose to sell you USP, I would be interested.

Good Luck

New_comer
January 3, 2003, 02:24 PM
If I had a P7, it would be my display cabinet queen, to induce salivation to my friends. :D

Then the USP45c would be my daily carry and range beater gun. I could understand your ditching the USP40, as it's almost the same size and make as the 45c. I'd definitely keep the 45.

Save up for the Expert. It's for competition anyway. In that manner, you could have one gun for every intended purpose.

And all tactical at that. ;):D

Trisha
January 3, 2003, 02:50 PM
I absolutely would love a second HSP Compact .45!!!

OK, I think it would be a bit weird to sell yours - when with a little focused savings you could keep the Compact and buy the Expert - but you should (if you sell) consider Oleg as first in line; after all, he has to catch up to Runt...

:D

Trisha

MMcCall
January 3, 2003, 03:12 PM
I've bought, sold, and traded my way through dozens of firearms, and I consider it a learning process. You see these threads all the time about "my god, I wish I'd kept 'X' gun" when in truth, most mass produced, production line firearms are easy to replace if you decide you've made a mistake.

IMO, if you never carry it, then why not get a firearm more suited to a specific purpose? There's a metric butt-ton of USPc .45's out there if you want another one down the road.

SAWBONES
January 3, 2003, 03:59 PM
Well, I sold both of my USP .45 Compacts (one Variant 2, one Variant 9), 'cause of the NASTY DA trigger, high bore axis, and the fact that one of them was a "lemon" (very imprecise).

I've not regretted doing so at all. They were "good enough" guns (one was, anyway), but not as good as the corresponding Glock model 30 (of which I have two, as well).

I'll NEVER sell my P7M8s, however.

The P7 and the USP really aren't even in the same league.

The P7 is an all-steel, compact, highly accurate, highly precise, very safe, very fast, very robust and very reliable 9mm pistol. IMNSHO, it's the BEST overall 9mm combat pistol in existence.

The USP series is H&K's approach to cashing in on the "lets make and sell a lot of polymer-frame guns to law enforcement" phenomenon.
It's not their best effort.
Without the LEM trigger, the DA/SA transition is a problem as on all such guns, and the DA first shot trigger is ridiculously poor. The bore axis, as with Sigs, is inappropriately high.
It's "blockier" than it should be for best carry and use.

Just my $.02. I'm not trying to denigrate anybody's favorite sidearm, but having known H&K's products since 1985 gives me a certain perspective on their past and present efforts and offerings, and the USP series is highly advertised (hyped), out of all proportion to its worth, IMNSHO.

It's cheap to produce compared to the P7, to be sure, but that doesn't make it a good choice for me!

Stick with your P7!
And for a .45ACP, get a Glock 30 and/or a 1911!

stevec
January 3, 2003, 07:01 PM
I sold my USP9c some time back, and eventually got the gun I really wanted - a BHP. The USPc's are nice tool guns - durable, accurate, reliable, easy to maintain. But they're (imo) overpriced, not all that compact and kind of "flippy" on the muzzle.
IMO, no real enjoyment to shooting them - for the same amount of money, there are other guns that are as good in objective terms (accuracy, reliability, etc...) while being subjectively more enjoyable.
If you have a choice, why not have your cake and eat it too?

Steve

gbelleh
January 3, 2003, 07:04 PM
I have a USP 45 Compact and a P7M8. Of the 2 individual specmens, my USP is the better gun. My USP is more accurate and more reliable than my P7.

Don't get me wrong, my P7 is still an amazing gun, and one of my favorites by far, but I got it used and it just isn't quite as precise as it probably was when it was younger, or as other P7s I've shot.

I, personally would not sell my USP, but like others have said, you can always buy another one later.

tlhelmer
January 3, 2003, 07:14 PM
I got rid of mine and regreted it ever since.

Erik Jensen
January 3, 2003, 07:29 PM
I'll give ya two-fitty for it. :neener: :D

ya know someone had to do it.

Wildalaska
January 3, 2003, 08:53 PM
The P7 is an all-steel, compact, highly accurate, highly precise, very safe, very fast, very robust and very reliable 9mm pistol. IMNSHO, it's the BEST overall 9mm combat pistol in existence.

Except for the Browning Hi Power!
:neener:
(thread hijack finished)

Schuey2002
January 3, 2003, 09:36 PM
If you sell it, you will never catch up with Tamara....

Keep it ... No,wait, sell it and buy the USP Elite....
http://www.hkpro.com/uspelitefront.jpg
Maybe Tom will put you on the front page of Hkpro like SMGLee...

armabill
January 3, 2003, 10:04 PM
"To sell something that you like is not logical ," says Spock. I'd keep it.

faustulus
January 4, 2003, 01:59 AM
Muhahahaha-- another convert to the cult.
Give it up the P7 is your life now :evil:

QB
January 4, 2003, 09:31 PM
I sold my .45 USPC stainless & my 2 9mm USPC stainless and don't regret it. But that is only because I know I can still buy them if I want to. The guns I regret selling are a couple of Colts that aren't made anymore and cost an arm & a leg to replace if you could find them in like new condition.

I liked my USPCs but just went on to other things.

faustulus
January 5, 2003, 02:23 AM
QB, are there any guns you haven't sold? :)

Tacblack
January 5, 2003, 03:21 AM
I you like it but just don't use it much I would keep it. If you just don't care either way sell it till you find something you do care about.
As for Faustulus I would not take any rap from him he has been trading and selling guns like baseball cards lately.
After looking at his P7M8 I want one too.

QB
January 5, 2003, 11:16 AM
faustulus -- good question. I keep a lot of dealers in business around here. They see this "gun churner" coming and get $$ in their eyes!!!

Actually I have settled down. Went through a period (a couple of years) where I bought Berettas, then sold them for Glocks, then sold them for HKs, then "discovered" 1911s, etc. Next I decided to have only a few "high end" guns rather than a bunch of moderatley priced guns. So I sold most all my handguns and bought a couple of SVIs. BAD MOVE....ended up buying MORE "high end" guns (STI, etc) until I had a bunch of them also. Then I got a guilt complex about having all that money tied up in guns when I shoot just as well with the moderately priced ones (don't compete and only shoot at a small indoor range). So I sold all my SVI/STIs, Billeniums, other guns I don't shoot much.

Then I purchased a Colt Special Combat Government Competition which proved to be my downfall. Not exactly what I consider a moderately priced gun (although it could be so some people). Well those multiplied into 5 of them. Then the Sphinx handguns came along and now I'm obsessed with the little Colt .380s.

Good god!!!! Now I have a safe full of guns that don't cost as much as the SVI/STIs but DO cost more than a Glock or Beretta (most of them anyway).

There IS a good ending to this story. I have NO plans to EVER sell my Colts or Sphinx handguns (although I could part with just one of the Sphinx .380 two-tones in a pinch). That only leaves my Glock 17CC which is a keeper and a Beretta that I have on order fromg Langdon Tactical.

Looks like the reign of the "Texas Gun Churner" is over :eek:

Just yesterday at the gunshow someone mentioned that they haven't seen a "sign" on my back for some time (I sell some guns at the shows by putting a big ole sign on my back). Another dealer commented that he hadn't sold anything to me for quite a while. Poor little things....they'll probably have to sell one of their Vipers or maybe that big old new Excursion that one of them bought...ha ha ha...

I only have "plans" for 2 other guns, neither of which is available at the moment. Well, maybe three but I swear that's it :neener:

Redlg155
January 5, 2003, 11:32 PM
If at all possible I wouldn't sell.

I really like my HK USPC .45. I know when the chips are down the .45 is going to pull me through and be reliable 100 percent.

Now I am glad I got rid of my HK USP .40. That one was inaccurate and had a bad habit of hammer follow.

Good Shooting
RED

Daguerre
January 6, 2003, 02:01 AM
Behold the Browning Hi-Power in .40 S&W. A single action work of art! Yum... I plan on buying some more Browning Hi-Powers!

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/category.asp?value=007B

Of course, there's Colt's new re-issue of the Series 70... have you held or fired one of these lately? Yummy:

http://www.legendportraits.com/Images/Guns/Colt2937.jpg

faustulus
January 6, 2003, 02:32 AM
I have NO plans to EVER sell my Colts or Sphinx handguns

Didn't I see one of those Sphinx listed on CZ forum not long ago? :)

As for Faustulus I would not take any rap from him he has been trading and selling guns like baseball cards lately.

I have a way to go before I catch up with you, at least I haven't got to the point I am buying guns I have sold before. :neener:

Onslaught
January 6, 2003, 11:52 AM
There are some who don't believe in selling any guns... That's great if that's how they want to be, and if they can afford it, but it doesn't make for very good advice for the rest of us if you don't feel the same way. (And you obviously don't).

I buy and sell ALL the time. I began keeping a list, just to keep track of what I had owned. The list has model, caliber, if it was a gift, overall opinion, and if I regretted selling it or not.

There are currently 20 handguns on my "SOLD" list. Of those, there is only ONE "yes" in the "regret" column, and I corrected that mistake by trading for another one. (USP45f). The other 19 I don't miss a bit...

There actually were 2 other occasions, roughly 8 years apart, where I sold a pistol and kinda wished I still had it. So both times, I bought another one when a really good deal came along. Both times, I looked at the newly re-acquired pistol, and immediately remembered why I sold it in the first place, but I couldn't remember why I had ever missed it. I sold both of them (one at cost, one at small profit) and don't miss either of them one bit.

So, I say, if you don't care for the USPc anymore, sell it to Oleg. If you LIKE it, but you're going to sell it because you don't CARRY it, then DON'T sell it.

Never sell a pistol you LIKE to buy another one you THINK you'll like better.

Never sell a pistol you LIKE but never USE just because you don't think you'll miss it since you don't use it.

Bottom line I guess is... NEVER sell a pistol you LIKE :).

10-Ring
January 6, 2003, 12:09 PM
Door #3 :evil: Keep the USPc 45 & add a USPc 9 (2 tone of course) to the mix!

QB
January 6, 2003, 02:28 PM
quote by faustulus

Didn't I see one of those Sphinx listed on CZ forum not long ago?

Yes, but I had FOUR of them (AT380M) :evil:

HS/LD
January 6, 2003, 02:33 PM
I have the answer.

GIVE the HK to me and I can look after it for you...

If you feel you can't live without it...

You can ASK for it back!:D

I will NEVER EVER sell an H&K!

Regards,
HS/LD

Skunkabilly
January 6, 2003, 09:31 PM
Door #3 Keep the USPc 45 & add a USPc 9 (2 tone of course) to the mix!

10-ring I think that's what I decided. I just did my car payment and computer upgrade and there goes the $$$ I had set aside. Oh well...maybe by the end of March.

If you enjoyed reading about "Thinking of ditching my USP45C...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!