evil americans

PDA

the 22 junkie
March 3, 2006, 09:37 PM
LOL at Australian politicians! :evil:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,18311205%255E1702,00.html

Read the last line!

If you enjoyed reading about "evil americans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
March 3, 2006, 09:46 PM
If guns did 1/2 the damage to this world that politicians do , I might agree with him .

(naw ! I would still think guns are just an inanimate object )

orionengnr
March 3, 2006, 09:48 PM
was that Howard...or Coward?

Nitrogen
March 3, 2006, 09:51 PM
I love this line of thinking.

"Lee Harvey Oswald was a perfectly good citizen. He was a church deacon. Then: The unthinkable happened. A gun managed to find its way into his hands. Suddenly, his eyes turned red. He developed a sneer. He cut in front of little old ladies at the buffet to get the last big piece of chicken. He stopped opening the door for women. It was only natural what happened next. The gun spoke to him. 'Kill the President!' it wailed inside his brain.
'NO! I CAN'T DO IT!' he pleaded. But the gun's demands would only be silenced with blood. With tears in his eyes, and a prayer in his heart, he climbed the stairs to the book depository.
'I'm sorry, Mister President.'
*BANG*"

I love it how people think guns are some inanimate evil, like in the story of "The Red Shoes".

Jubei
March 3, 2006, 09:56 PM
No Mr. Howard, guns aren't evil. Ignorance is evil. Which pretty much makes you Satans lap dog.

Jubei

PlayboyPenguin
March 3, 2006, 10:00 PM
I will admit I am sort of an argry vet that sees alot of the ideas and freedoms I was fighting for fading away but "guns" are not even on my long list of things I am unhappy with about this country. I actually think they are quite pretty and shiny. :D

dm1333
March 3, 2006, 10:51 PM
:evil:

22-rimfire
March 3, 2006, 11:08 PM
Maybe they wouldn't have such a big middle eastern "immigtant" problem if guns were more readily available and people could protect themselves. I think Mr. Coward would get along very well with our Mr. Kerry and Mrs. Clinton.

4v50 Gary
March 3, 2006, 11:11 PM
Well, I'm proud to be evil!:p

Candiru
March 3, 2006, 11:23 PM
What kind of man can spout such grade-school-mentality attribution without feeling ashamed? That being said, I think applying mocking analogues of people's names is also immature, albeit not as dangerous as Mr. Howard's attitude.

Pilgrim
March 3, 2006, 11:31 PM
"And one of the things I don't admire about America is their ... slavish love of guns. They're evil."
Is he talking about our guns....or us?

Pilgrim

bumm
March 4, 2006, 12:11 AM
>Is he talking about our guns....or us?

I could hardly care less. He's helped turn his country into exhibit "A" for the failure of gun control. The Aussies elected him and they can put up with him.
Glad I'm a Yank. :)
Marty

Waitone
March 4, 2006, 02:51 AM
If an inanimate object is a free moral agent, can a gun enter into a contract? Can a gun get married? Can a gun feel guilt? How would one know if a gun feels guilt? Does a gun feel ashamed of itself for being a . . . gun? Does a gun develop separation anxiety when out of the holster too long? If humans are recists, what is a gun? Is it possible a Glock is racist? After all, Glocks aren't like other guns. Would that mean 1911's are the elite of gun society? :evil:

The implication are profound. :banghead:

Lucky
March 4, 2006, 03:09 AM
"-I would call that very definitely an extraordinary outpouring of amazement and grief in this country and I knew out of that there was an opportunity to grab.-"

Zen21Tao
March 4, 2006, 03:11 AM
Guns are evil and guns kill. I love this rhetoric. However, you never hear this as a viable defense. "Well your honor this damn gun jumped up into my hand, took contol of my motor function aiming itself at people and then just started shooting at people. I tried to stop it but I was powerless."

MTMilitiaman
March 4, 2006, 03:13 AM
Poor simpleton. I just want to ask people like him if it hurts...

gunsmith
March 4, 2006, 07:36 AM
they are not so evil as to compell him to give up his armed security though.

CajunBass
March 4, 2006, 07:54 AM
You know. You just can't cure stupid.

But you don't have to elect it.

Kurt_M
March 4, 2006, 10:55 AM
Mr Howard, on the eve of his 10th anniversary in office, said today the nation's grief over the 1996 Port Arthur massacre had been a great opportunity to tighten Australia's gun laws.

Am I the only one who views this act as incredibly opportunistic and callous? "Well, a bunch of people just died, I'm going to use this opportunity to push my personal agenda." :barf: And the bastard is proud of it! There's gotta be a special corner in hell for these guys.

BigFatKen
March 4, 2006, 11:17 AM
AWB concerns investigated: Downer

March 01, 2006
THE Government had been aware for some time about concerns relating to AWB's wheat contracts in Iraq but they had always been fully investigated, Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said today

Is it A? Wheat Ban?

TexasRifleman
March 4, 2006, 11:18 AM
Am I the only one who views this act as incredibly opportunistic and callous?

He is only doing what we've seen the Brady Bunch and the VPC folks do for years. That tactic is nothing new. Strike at the sheeple while they are upset.

Sleeping Dog
March 4, 2006, 11:51 AM
Am I the only one who views this act as incredibly opportunistic and callous? "Well, a bunch of people just died, I'm going to use this opportunity to push my personal agenda."
No, but it's not unusual. Brady bunch does it when they can.
Many other examples of politicians or press exploiting grief, eg
Terri Shiavo, Elian Gonzales, WTC, Indonesian tsunami.

The newspaper article doesn't sound so bad if you read it aloud in a fake australian accent with a can of Fosters in hand.

Regards.

the 22 junkie
March 4, 2006, 01:34 PM
ROTFL Nitrogen! + 1

G36-UK
March 4, 2006, 03:53 PM
About the only thing I've ever heard from people over here is "Bad people use them!"

Thinking it over, I've made my own version:

Good people use guns, bad people misuse them, but evil people ban them.

A bit OTT, but an interesting way of turning their words, no?

Spiggy
March 4, 2006, 04:33 PM
I say we ambush him coming out of the restroom and bombard him with rubber bands, lets see what limits of political bull-honkey can he devise

Gadsden
March 4, 2006, 06:41 PM
I feel terrible about this, but I'm evil too. I did a little shooting today and now I feel EEEEVIIILLL!

Spiphel Rike
March 4, 2006, 09:57 PM
Yep, good old Jonny howard. Jorge bush's little buddy from down under ;)
Sadly everyone is "celebrating" his last 10 years as the tyrant...I mean Prime Minister. Oh well, I guess people expect politicians not to investigate the scene of a crime where 35 people died and then force laws on states (apparently he's not allowed to do that under our "constitution"). Not to mention that the guy who did the shooting had to murder someone to get the weapons first, so legality wasn't an issue with this one at all. And to think our army used to sell L1A1s to people. :cuss:

Justin
March 4, 2006, 10:03 PM
Good people use guns, bad people misuse them, but evil people ban them.

Well said.

If you enjoyed reading about "evil americans" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!