60gr 223 Vmax

PDA

BsChoy
March 3, 2006, 11:42 PM
Anybaody use these bullets in a fast twist 1/9 223?? How do they shhot generally for you? I just got a "project" Stevens model 200 in 223 and since vmax's really work in my '06 i thought they would work in my 223. They are the most consistent bullet I have shot thus far.

Thanks in advance guys.

If you enjoyed reading about "60gr 223 Vmax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
snuffy
March 4, 2006, 11:31 AM
I've been using that very same bullet in my 1-9 bushy for over a year. It's the ONLY bullet that will shoot under an inch from the stock 20 inch H-Bar. I originally chose it for shooting bowling pins. A shooting buddy warned that a fmj would whistle through a pin WITHOUT knocking it down. The v-max is a very frangible bullet, it expanded in the pin making for a positive smack down!

I also use the 120 7mm v-max in a 7-08 and a 280. It excells there too as for accurate groups and terminal performance.

Don't Tread On Me
March 4, 2006, 02:21 PM
I keep reading on how the 60gr Vmax is THE bullet to use in a 1-9 barrel. Perfect weight match up for that twist I guess. Everyone raves about their MOA accuracy with that bullet using standard 1-9 barrels.

I don't have any personal experience, but the internet testimony in favor of it in a 1-9 is overwhelmingly positive.

dakotasin
March 4, 2006, 09:59 PM
i run 60 v-max's thru my 9-twist ar. it remains sub-moa to 550 yards, and has taken prairie dogs (size of a 20 oz coke bottle) to beyond 500.

If you enjoyed reading about "60gr 223 Vmax" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!