Remington 105CTi

PDA

Oldnamvet
March 4, 2006, 12:47 PM
Has anyone handled this shotgun as yet? If so, what is your opinion? Local dealers say they are on order but haven't received them as yet.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 105CTi" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Birdsallboy
April 6, 2006, 10:34 AM
I emailed Remington last weekend, and they told me it would be available this summer. So that same Saturday I went to Bass Pro Shops here in Va. and bought a 11-87 SPS-T and while there, asked them to research it for me. Saturday night they called back and said they would have 1 for me at the end of May, price out the door was $1189.99.
I am starting to have reservations about it though. I am having a hard time envisioning a semi auto feedinga dn ejecting out of the bottom. Thats a lot of cash to be a guinea pig for a new product that may be a jamming nightmare.
On the other hand, it is truly a beautiful weapon!!!

Bill

STiTkacik
April 6, 2006, 11:37 AM
They look like a very nice gun for the price. I'd love to get one at some point.

ArmedBear
April 6, 2006, 02:39 PM
They do look like a nice gun.

"For the price", however, is subject to debate.

Some shotgun prices are getting downright silly.

STiTkacik
April 6, 2006, 03:40 PM
Perhaps I'm confused at what the retail price is... I thought it was below 1k.

Armed Bear, could you fill me in?

ArmedBear
April 6, 2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model_105CTi_specs.asp

MSRP $1332

For perspective, an equivalent 11-87 Premier lists at $860. Street price is about $100 under that. It appears that we will see the 105 retailing for $1200 or so. It may be a nice gun, but at that price it sure has a lot of good competition.

STiTkacik
April 6, 2006, 08:46 PM
"It may be a nice gun, but at that price it sure has a lot of good competition."

Very true.

Birdsallboy
April 7, 2006, 07:59 PM
Ya the only saving grace there is the reputed 48% less recoil. Thats true though, none of them are very cheap. When I last looked at the Remington.com site, I saw the advertisement for the 1100-G-3. Also another 1k wonder. So I emailed Remington to get the skinny on that too. Unfortunately they dont have a production date yet....which makes me wonder why the hell they advertise it yet...but check it out.... its a beautiful weapon too....

Bill

ArmedBear
April 8, 2006, 11:22 AM
That number -- 48% less recoil -- seems to show up everywhere.

Every recoil pad, every new autoloader, every new recoil-reduction system has 48% less recoil than the competition.

Personally, I'm not buying the assertion that it has 48% less recoil than a Cynergy with the rubber contraption on it, or the SBE II with the suspended stock and mercury reducer. Both guns are a lot easier to clean, more reliable in heavy use and bad weather than any gas gun, and in the same price ballpark (cleaning and reliability are serious considerations for me).

I don't doubt that it has 48% less recoil than a NEF Pardner with a hard buttplate, though.:p

I'd like to buy American, and I like Remington in general, but how about bringing this gun to us near the same price as an 11-87 Premier or a Beretta 3901?

BTW I shoot with a guy who got the new Mossberg 930 for a hair over $400 new with a ported barrel. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked it. That's something to think about, Remington.

Oldnamvet
April 8, 2006, 12:26 PM
Prices inching higher than I had originally heard, delivery times getting longer, my budget getting tighter, ............ sooo I think I will be re evaluating autoloaders. I want light weight, ported barrel, semi-auto, relilable, low recoil (bad shoulder), and looks nice. Use will mainly be for skeet, sporting clays, and maybe trap. I have enough field guns where a few dings add character.

ArmedBear
April 8, 2006, 01:13 PM
The Mossy appeared to be lighter than spec when I held it. It's supposed to weigh the same as an 870; it seemed close to a pound lighter in my hands.

Walnut, ported version shouldn't be a buck over $450. It's worth a look and a try, IMHO. It shoulders well on me, anyway. And I WAS becoming a gun snob...

It won't be possible to say how many thousands of rounds it will handle without maintenance, but the 105 is even newer and the 930 seems good so far.

Oldnamvet
April 8, 2006, 07:58 PM
I'll definitely take a look. Never owned a Mossberg as yet but I am definitely not a gun snob about brands. If I need even softer recoil, there are a lot of aftermarket devices I could put on.
Anyone have opinions as to the best aftermarket recoil absorbers for shotguns?:confused:

ArmedBear
April 9, 2006, 02:26 AM
I just got done fitting a Limbsaver to my BT-99 a few minutes ago. I'll report back after shooting it tomorrow.

There's always the Gra-coil if you REALLY want recoil reduction. It adds weight to the butt, though, so it changes the balance of the gun. With a semiauto, you can put a mercury reducer into the magazine instead of a hunting plug. This adds weight to the barrel end.

ArmedBear
April 9, 2006, 07:08 PM
Thumbs up on the Limbsaver recoil pad.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington 105CTi" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!