Identify the cause of my problem....please?

PDA

eastwood44mag
March 5, 2006, 02:19 AM
So I was at the range today, and my pistol jammed--never happened before.

Details:

P90 Ruger, 15 round Pro-Mag magazine, 230 gr. FMJ Wolf

Every second or third shot, the round refused to strip from the magazine (nose went down instead of up, chamber couldn't close since round wouldn't feed).

Now, I've used those magazines (even last week) with brass cased ammo, and had no problems. I loaded the Wolf into factory magazines, and it fed fine.

Anyone care to tell me what the cause of my problem is, and how to rectify it (I'm giving up shooting Wolf in there, that's a given).

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Identify the cause of my problem....please?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jamie C.
March 5, 2006, 02:27 AM
I'm thinkin' "Pro-Mag magazine" is most likely the source of your problem. They have a reputation for being... problematic.

J.C.

panzermk2
March 5, 2006, 02:35 AM
DITTO sounds like a weak magazine spring. I bought some along time ago for an astra I think and they never worked.
Bet the round is being pushed foreward into the ramp and the mag spring does not have what it takes to keep the round pushed up on the correct angle to keep the round going into the chamber mouth.
What happened when you tried your factory mags?

psychophipps
March 5, 2006, 02:38 AM
90% of feeding issues are caused by the magazine from what I've heard. Those 15-rounders are great for the range if you're a lazy git like me (except for your callus from loading the magazines again ;) ) but the reliability is much that I definitely wouldn't try them in a defensive application.
Wolf ammo? I realise that there isn't a real reason not to shoot it but I just can't. I twitch at the thought of the CCI I use sometimes and just couldn't put that other stinky, dirty Wolf stuff through my beloved Ruger P976DC. I tried it once and two magazines had covered the front 2-inches of my slide in sticky black gunk.

Yes, I do love you...Boo-boo Doo-doo... *pets his Ruger lovingly*

Still typing! DOH! :uhoh:
Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

If you enjoyed reading about "Identify the cause of my problem....please?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!