Just seen "Running Scared", Excellent

PDA

Can'thavenuthingood
March 6, 2006, 01:44 AM
Very intense from start to finish, lotsa gun play, though not gory.
Wife and I thought it was right up there with Crash.
A good story.

Vick

If you enjoyed reading about "Just seen "Running Scared", Excellent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stickjockey
March 6, 2006, 12:16 PM
Is this "Running Scared" with Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines?

jason10mm
March 6, 2006, 01:04 PM
Probably talking about the new one with Paul "Fast n Furious" Walker :barf:

May check it out on DVD, but that actor really pains me to watch.

armoredman
March 6, 2006, 01:06 PM
I am slightly confused - isn't the title copyrighted for the first movie, at least for a time? I enjoyed the Gregory Hines/Billy Crystal version.

Can'thavenuthingood
March 6, 2006, 01:19 PM
This has Paul Walker and is R rated I suspect due to the massive amounts of gun play.

The posters byline says "Every bullet leaves a trail".

Its a good story with, I think, great acting. Filmed in Czech Republic and New York, New Jersey.

Cop says "We're the toughest mob, we're the law"

Intense from start to finish.

Vick

Trebor
March 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
You can't copyright a title. I could write a book or movie called "Brokeback Mountain," for instance.

Now, the *story* of the current "Brokeback Mountain* is copyrighted, so my version could NOT be about gay shepards in Montana. I'd have to come up with new characters, a new plot, etc. My "Brokeback Mountain," for instance, would be the story of a U.S. Infantry Squad fighting it's way through the Italian Mountains in World War II.

The problem is, if I released that movie now, most of you would get it confused with that *other* "Brokeback Mountain* and would skip my movie. That's why you'd want to avoid distinctive titles that have already been used. Still, titles can't be copyrighted, so I could name it that if I wanted.

MAKOwner
March 6, 2006, 04:01 PM
I thought this new movie was pretty good, I was frankly hoping it was going to have gun play more akin to Way of the Gun. However it was still a pretty decent movie.

I actually thought Paul Walker was pretty darn good in it, having seen a couple of his more recent non-FnF movies I'm actually starting to like his movies, God Forbid...

If you enjoyed reading about "Just seen "Running Scared", Excellent" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!