It doesn't get much stupider than this.

PDA

SomeKid
March 6, 2006, 02:14 PM
http://www.local6.com/news/7745611/detail.html

Police: 7 Teens Invaded Homes For 'Adrenaline Rush'

POSTED: 12:09 pm EST March 6, 2006
UPDATED: 1:55 pm EST March 6, 2006

Police in Palm Bay, Fla., arrested seven teens in the last several days wanted in connection with a series of home break-ins that were apparently committed because the group wanted an "adrenaline rush," according to a police report.

David Deluna, 18, Matt Rivera, 19, and a 16-year-old were charged with grand theft and burglary charges Monday. Another four suspects were taken into custody and charged on Friday, Local 6 News partner Florida Today reported.

"When these three realized that we were looking for them on Friday, they left together and went to the beach," said Jesse Suelter, a Palm Bay detective working on the case. "We arrested one on Saturday and found the other two sleeping at their residences today."

Police said the seven teens knew each other from work and school. All came from upper middle class homes but told authorities they carried out the crimes for "an adrenaline rush," Suelter told Florida Today.

The teens randomly picked homes to break into during the day and early evening, Suelter said. In one home they stole a gun. In others, cash, electronics and jewelry were taken.

He also said the teens would ring doorbells and if they did not get an answer they would kick in the doors.

"The suspects were very arrogant and the attitude they had was unbelievable. I explained the possibility that one of them could get hurt or shot. One of them told us that he was a big boy and that 'I think I could take 'em,' " Suelter said.

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Anyone who has ever watched Red vs Blue may remember the episode where the Sarge wanted to take on a machine gun, with his face. That was my first thought with regards to that guys response (in bold). I for one don't answer the front door very often. They would have been rather unhappy when they found out someone was grouchy and home.

If you enjoyed reading about "It doesn't get much stupider than this." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mbs357
March 6, 2006, 02:18 PM
I'd be pretty grouchy if they kicked down my door, too. ;D

Janitor
March 6, 2006, 02:19 PM
One of them told us that he was a big boy and that 'I think I could take 'em,'
Only a matter of time before Darwin catches up with this "big boy". :rolleyes:

Coronach
March 6, 2006, 02:21 PM
He's living on borrowed time. :scrutiny:

Sindawe
March 6, 2006, 02:27 PM
Save some poor homeowner the trouble and anguish of having to do it a future date.

Sistema1927
March 6, 2006, 02:30 PM
Somebody needs to lock these idiots up, for their own protection.

ARperson
March 6, 2006, 02:34 PM
What do you want to bet the parents are all in lockstep with the response, too.

"But he's such a good boy and never gets into any trouble."

:rolleyes: :banghead:

c_yeager
March 6, 2006, 02:36 PM
It doesnt get much more stupid than this.

Really though, it doesnt.

V4Vendetta
March 6, 2006, 02:56 PM
"Anyone who has ever watched Red vs Blue may remember the episode where the Sarge wanted to take on a machine gun, with his face. "

LOL. :D That was a hillarious show.
Doc: "You gave him CPR for a bullet wound to the head?"
Griff: "Yeah."
Doc: "Sounds alright to me."

axmurderer
March 6, 2006, 03:01 PM
Truly pathetic... :(

PATH
March 6, 2006, 03:05 PM
Stupid is as stupid does. I believe that is what Forrest said. Yup! I think he was referring to these fools!:D

El Tejon
March 6, 2006, 03:15 PM
In Florida?:uhoh:

Good grief, I hope they soon realize how lucky they were! I would rather go pester a manatee than go kick in a door in Florida.

V4Vendetta
March 6, 2006, 03:17 PM
I thought that manatee's were gentle like puppy's.:confused:

El Tejon
March 6, 2006, 03:24 PM
V4, yeah, but the feds and the Bambi Cops will be up in my grill.:D

Lupinus
March 6, 2006, 03:32 PM
:scrutiny:
darwin must be on his lunch break cause he aint catchin up to fast these days

I mean really, you have to wonder why these little smart asses wernt smacked upside the head more often, it mighta knocked the loose screws back into place

12-34hom
March 6, 2006, 03:39 PM
Considering the recent law changes in that state there lucky they were not shot.

Maybe some time in the penitentiary will help with the need for an "adrenaline rush"

12-34hom.

MTMilitiaman
March 6, 2006, 03:49 PM
On another note, I bet their rich daddies get them an expensive lawyer to get them out of trouble with barely a slap on the hand.

Should they fail to learn their lessons, however, it is only a matter of time before they stumble into the wrong hall only to see a pair of eyes behind a muzzle flash...the last adrenaline rush they ever had with a side of 00 buckshot.

Strings
March 6, 2006, 05:20 PM
I feel compelled to point out the danger inherent in using the phrase "It doesn't (can't, couldn't, won't) get much stupider (worse, foolish, insane) than this.". ANYTIME such a phrase is used, the Powers That Be seem to feel it's necessary to prove otherwise (or, as Bedlamite would say, "anytime you make something idiotproof, the world produces a better idiot")...

Oh... as for Darwin: I think he's taking a breather from over-work at this point...

1911JMB
March 6, 2006, 05:29 PM
I wonder if being raped in prison will supply them with an adequate adrenaline rush.

Manedwolf
March 6, 2006, 05:32 PM
Well, they can get adrenaline out of this, alright.

The big needle of it the ER surgeons will slam into their heart to try to restart it after they end up being justly SHOT by homeowners.

Mainsail
March 6, 2006, 05:32 PM
I thought this part was the funniest:

Copyright 2006 by Internet Broadcasting Systems and Local6.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

:p

1911austin
March 6, 2006, 06:16 PM
I feel compelled to point out the danger inherent in using the phrase "It doesn't (can't, couldn't, won't) get much stupider (worse, foolish, insane) than this.". ANYTIME such a phrase is used, the Powers That Be seem to feel it's necessary to prove otherwise (or, as Bedlamite would say, "anytime you make something idiotproof, the world produces a better idiot")...

+1…..I always say that Genius has its limits, but ignorance knows no bounds. :banghead:

Kodiaz
March 6, 2006, 06:44 PM
Somekid stupider is not a word.

much stupider is not correct grammar.

It doesn't get much more stupid than this would work

It doesn't get much dumber than this will also work

Lupinus
March 6, 2006, 06:58 PM
hw ddi I kown teh spelilng adn garmmer poicle wuold sohw up?

UWstudent
March 6, 2006, 07:28 PM
oh please.. pleeeease let these guys loose in my neighborhood. i've been getting to lazy going to the ranges, it'd be very convienent to have one enter my house.

mbs357
March 6, 2006, 07:33 PM
Are you...Einstein? =o
"The difference between genious and insanity is that genious has limits."
-The Big E.

UWstudent
March 6, 2006, 07:42 PM
lol

Shotgun12
March 6, 2006, 07:45 PM
.... This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed .... Careful, or you'll end up doin' more time than they they will. :uhoh:

I think if ever a "word" like 'Stupider' would be appropriate - it would be regarding a story like this .... I'm sure it was meant only as a "tongue-in-cheek" comment .... ;)

.... "I think I could take 'em," ....
I'm sure he'll be "taking" allot of 'em, :eek: when he .... (and his buddies) get to prison.

phonesysphonesys
March 6, 2006, 08:04 PM
Send them my way, I will give them a rush. We have "make my day" here in Colorado.

phonesysphonesys

Semper Fi

offthepaper
March 6, 2006, 08:10 PM
A shame some honest homeowner will have to go through the hellish process when these idiots pick the wrong house. But the clock is sure ticking on these arrholes.:cuss: :cuss: Jail might be the safest place for them>:D

ABTOMAT
March 6, 2006, 08:32 PM
Just think, as they say "this is our nation's future." Although only if they live that long.

Turkey Creek
March 6, 2006, 08:48 PM
Wanna bet rich mommy and daddy get them off- Then they are reinforced that this type of behavior is just a game and off they go, each to their inevitable doom, hopefully not taking someone normal with them- Then the mommies and daddies will bemoan the fact that they were such good boys- It's like clockwork, we see it all the time, just the circumstances change- The saddest part of all this is that at least one of these village idiots will kill an innocent bystander in their search for thrills- Hey boys, you want thrills?- Comona my house, I'll give you thrills

ceetee
March 6, 2006, 09:53 PM
Palm Bay is pretty much a working class community. Most of the folks there work during the day. Their police force consists of a couple guys during the day and an answering service at night. (Well, not really, but close.)

It's a pretty safe bet that if you ring a doorbell and nobody comes, then nobody's home. Still, though, those punks are already living on borrowed time.

About ten years ago there was a big story in Fort Lauderdale where a bunch of teens ganged up on one of their number and beat and stabbed him to death. Their defense consisted of "He was a bully." Two or three of those teens came from Palm Bay also...

Lupinus
March 6, 2006, 09:58 PM
About ten years ago there was a big story in Fort Lauderdale where a bunch of teens ganged up on one of their number and beat and stabbed him to death. Their defense consisted of "He was a bully." Two or three of those teens came from Palm Bay also...
I remember that, they actually made a movie about it. Unless the movie was just real close but I remember both and am guessing the movie is based off it.

Standing Wolf
March 6, 2006, 10:10 PM
Florida is not the right state to do that kind of stupid stuff in. That might work in New York or New Jersey or Massachusetts, but the good people of Florida have the law on their side, and have already seen enough crime.

FRIENDLY
March 6, 2006, 10:36 PM
just ask them if they can outrun shotgun pellets or bullets and watch their faces.it only takes one frightened or angry homeowner and they will find out.

Hemicuda
March 6, 2006, 11:33 PM
I think it'd be easier on my body and heart to drink turpentine and urinate on a brushfire, than to stage break-ins in Fla... with the good gunlaws there... but then again, i think before i act...

DRZinn
March 7, 2006, 02:05 AM
It's a pretty safe bet that if you ring a doorbell and nobody comes, then nobody's home.Not at my house. I look through the peephole and, if I don't know you, I ignore you.

Medusa
March 7, 2006, 12:44 PM
Well, it can get much stupidier than this, or sadder. Here a 17 yo opressed youth killed a girl. Girl got off the bus and went to her boyfriend house at evening, the boy trailed her and shot her in the back of her head, then grabbed the body and ditched it. His reason for killing? just had a wish to kill someone. and since the guy is underaged, he can't get more than 8 years, more probably he gets couple of years and gets off sooner due good behaviour :barf:

Justin
March 7, 2006, 12:49 PM
Just a friendly note to point out that hoping someone breaks into your home giving you an opportunity to defend yourself is not the most awesomest thing to post on the internets.

Just sayin' :)

Zen21Tao
March 7, 2006, 01:07 PM
In Florida?

Good grief, I hope they soon realize how lucky they were! I would rather go pester a manatee than go kick in a door in Florida.

Absolutely right! I’m a life long Floridian and love the way the state stands behind our right to defend ourselves. With no duty for the home owner to retreat those guys easily could have been legally killed.

Considering the recent law changes in that state there lucky they were not shot.

Actually the law change didn’t matter in the case of home break-ins. Under the Castle doctrine there was not a duty for people within homes prior to the law change. What the law change did was extend this courtesy to public places.

Somekid stupider is not a word.

much stupider is not correct grammar.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=stupider
stu•pid P Pronunciation Key (st p d, sty -)
adj. stu•pid•er, stu•pid•est
1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

progunner1957
March 7, 2006, 01:48 PM
"The suspects were very arrogant and the attitude they had was unbelievable. I explained the possibility that one of them could get hurt or shot. One of them told us that he was a big boy and that 'I think I could take 'em,' " Suelter said.
Young, dumb and full of come - not condusive to a long life...:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "It doesn't get much stupider than this." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!