Got My CCW Today

PDA

JakeMate
March 6, 2006, 09:10 PM
South Carolina finally came through. Was 6 days short of 3 months wait. Wonder why I had to send a picture when they just used the one from my driver's license? Maybe to verify it was me. Oh well. Feels good to be able to legally protect my family now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got My CCW Today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cubanpimp
March 6, 2006, 09:29 PM
congrats It made me feel more secure and I lost any little bad additude I had, it makes me a nicer person:):D

Cacique500
March 6, 2006, 09:37 PM
Congrats and carry it wisely!

Standing Wolf
March 6, 2006, 09:38 PM
Well done!

May you always have a gun handy, and may you never need it.

Taurus 66
March 6, 2006, 11:37 PM
Congratulations! What's going to be your first? Colt, Ruger, Sig, S&W? What.

fiVe
March 7, 2006, 01:28 AM
Welcome to the club.

Carry every day, but may you never have to use it.

Safe Shootin',

fiVe

psyopspec
March 7, 2006, 01:36 AM
Glad to hear you got it!

gunsmith
March 7, 2006, 01:48 AM
another sig line worthy quote, how do you do it?

Jake, good going! the more responsible ccw'ers out there the better.
I am noticably calmer and less prone to arguments when I'm packing...which is all the time

losangeles
March 7, 2006, 03:00 AM
Congratulations!

Myself, I just got my Utah CCW today. It can be used in over 30 states. My only problem is that I live in a place (Los Angeles County) where it's practically impossible to get a CCW.

Zen21Tao
March 7, 2006, 05:19 AM
Congrats to all the new CCW holders. Now comes big $$$ on a variety of IWB holsters and an assortment of concealable guns. You'll want a pocket blaster, a hot weather single stack ub compact IWB, a cool weather double stack sub-compact IWB and a warm weather OWB full/compact.

CajunBass
March 7, 2006, 05:51 AM
Congratulations. :D

UWstudent
March 7, 2006, 07:09 AM
congrats..

carry it everytime. make it a habbit and invest in a good holster, i just kramer myself.

why the long wait though? they ever tell you? mine was about 2-3 weeks

doggscube
March 7, 2006, 07:40 AM
"Feels good to be able to legally protect my family now."

My wife was always opposed to the idea of me getting my license. She would get upset when she would catch a flash when I wore it around the house to get used to it. She even said at one point "you're not a cowboy. She's not anti-gun, just skittish.

But now that I have my license, and we've been out a couple of times with the family, I get the sense she's glad it's on my hip. Now the only times she gets a little upset is when I have to unholster it to lock it in the van's lockbox.

-Jeff

shermacman
March 7, 2006, 07:57 AM
Isn't it great when the State condescends to give you your God-given Constitutional rights?!

I do salute you!

ShackleMeNot
March 7, 2006, 10:51 AM
Congrats! It's always good to know there are more armed good guys every day.

Seek out some professional training. Make it a priority. Having a gun on you is a great first step but using it effectively in the fight is what matters.

Mizzle187
March 7, 2006, 11:24 AM
Im jealous!:) Congrats! Im on day 58 of waiting for my Florida permit to arrive! The suspense is killing me!

JakeMate
March 7, 2006, 12:56 PM
"Taurus 66 Congratulations! What's going to be your first? Colt, Ruger, Sig, S&W? What."

Carrying a Kahr PM9 or my Glock 19

"Zen21Tao Congrats to all the new CCW holders. Now comes big $$$ on a variety of IWB holsters and an assortment of concealable guns. You'll want a pocket blaster, a hot weather single stack ub compact IWB, a cool weather double stack sub-compact IWB and a warm weather OWB full/compact."

Oh...that began even before I got it in the mail. I have a few already. I'm sure there will be more to come now.

"UWstudent congrats..

carry it everytime. make it a habbit and invest in a good holster, i just kramer myself.

why the long wait though? they ever tell you? mine was about 2-3 weeks"

Typical wait in SC.

"hackleMeNot Congrats! It's always good to know there are more armed good guys every day.

Seek out some professional training. Make it a priority. Having a gun on you is a great first step but using it effectively in the fight is what matters."

Taking a low light shooting class next week. More classes to come.

If you enjoyed reading about "Got My CCW Today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!