AIM has 7.62x39 coming in.

PDA

jagdpanzer347
March 7, 2006, 01:09 PM
Brown Bear FMJ and HP at 64.95 per 500. I was up there this morning and they told me it would be in late this week or maybe Monday. They are taking advance orders and it will probably go super quick. Just a heads up.
-jagdpanzer

If you enjoyed reading about "AIM has 7.62x39 coming in." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MechAg94
March 7, 2006, 02:03 PM
You know, I think I have enough ammo that I am going to wait until this summer or so before I think about buying more 7.62X39. Eventually, the supply has got to stabilize some. I think this problem is due to all the cheap SKS's and WASR's hitting the market and lots of new people buying up ammo. One of these days, that will slow down and maybe prices will go back down a little.

Q-Lock
March 7, 2006, 02:32 PM
jagd,
Do you go to AIM like 2-3 times a week? I mean I know you live near the store, but...lol. Seems like you're always posting about your latest trip to AIM. Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing.

By the way...thanks for the heads up.

Regards,

jagdpanzer347
March 7, 2006, 02:33 PM
MechAg94, hopefully availablility and price will be better by summer time, after all the panic buying calms down. I didn't really need it but never having tried the Brown Bear thought I would pick up a case and see how it shoots.
They also have Hungarian coming in at 89.95 for a 900 round case. They told me it was more than likely corrosive though.
-jagdpanzer

GTSteve03
March 7, 2006, 02:48 PM
They also have Hungarian coming in at 89.95 for a 900 round case. They told me it was more than likely corrosive though.
Nothing a little Windex won't solve! :D

Hmm... might have to buy that Saiga after all... :evil:

jagdpanzer347
March 7, 2006, 02:54 PM
Q-lock,nah,about once every three weeks. Any more than that and I would be eating ramen noodles and generic macaroni and cheese exclusively!!!
-jagd

Q-Lock
March 9, 2006, 12:19 PM
I have my pantry filled with cases of Oriental Ramen Noodles....man I love that stuff. Found a deal at Wal Mart where I got a case (around 36 bags) for just over $3. Emtied the whole shelf!

Gotta love that macaroni and cheese too though. The things we'll sacrifice for our hobbies.

antarti
March 9, 2006, 03:10 PM
but never having tried the Brown Bear thought I would pick up a case and see how it shoots.

Brown Bear (laquer), Silver Bear (zinc washed), Golden Bear (copper washed)... it's all good. I prefer all of it to Wolf.

jagdpanzer347
March 10, 2006, 12:30 AM
Q-lock, just be sure to add some fruits and vegetables to your diet as well. All that sodium in the ramen and Mac and Cheese has to be balanced out with some natural goodness!!!
-jagd

MechAg94
March 10, 2006, 11:08 AM
AIM also has Guatemalan .223 surplus. Does anyone know if that stuff is any good? I am planning on ordering some 7.5 and thought I would pick up some .223 for the same shipment. It is either that or the Adcom.

jagdpanzer347
March 10, 2006, 12:41 PM
Mecha, check out AR.15.com's ammunition link. Pictures, chrono results and more.
-jagdpanzer

MechAg94
March 10, 2006, 01:00 PM
Okay. I'll check it later. ar15.com is blocked at work.

gt3944
March 10, 2006, 01:07 PM
Do they have a website?? I have about 200 rounds right now but I wouldnt mind stacking up on more..

shooting time
March 10, 2006, 01:08 PM
I heard russia got the contract to supply Iraq police forces with 762x39 ammo thats whay there ain't none around

MechAg94
March 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
AIMsurplus.com

They also have some 7.62X39 on the mailer I just got (some surplus also). The .223 I was referencing is from the mailer. I haven't checked to see if it was on their web site.

I have heard lots of different stories about the 7.62X39 supply problem. Personally, I look at all the thousands of Yugo SKS's and Romanian AK's being sold cheap around the country and I think about all those people buying up ammo to feed their cheap shooters (especially after Katrina woke some people up). It really doesn't surprise me that demand has increased and outpaced the supply by quite a bit.

phoglund
March 10, 2006, 01:25 PM
AIM Weblink: http://aimsurplus.com/

If you enjoyed reading about "AIM has 7.62x39 coming in." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!