Accessorizing...

PDA

PlayboyPenguin
March 7, 2006, 03:20 PM
I am starting to get the bug to accessorize some of my new firearms. Nothing fancy...just nicer grips mostly. How many prefer to leave them standard the way they come and how many shell out the bucks for nicer wood grips, better sights, etc?

If you enjoyed reading about "Accessorizing..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LJWebster1
March 7, 2006, 03:22 PM
I've been getting a delivery a week lately, with some accessory. Grips, holsters, sights, you name it. It's a sickness I tell you!

f4t9r
March 7, 2006, 03:25 PM
Have dressed up some cheaper models , I think in some cases it is better to buy it decked out , unless you just enjoy working on them.

ChefGW
March 7, 2006, 03:31 PM
If accessories are made for one of my guns, I usually have it. My favorite gun to mod is the 10/22. So much you can do with it. When I buy a handgun I usually get it in stainless or nickel so aftermarket grips will always look nice.

Fly320s
March 7, 2006, 03:44 PM
I usually dress-down my guns.

My newest, a Kimber 25th Anniversary edition, came with nice, thick wood stocks. I don't care for thick stocks, or wood really, so I replaced them with very thin micarta grips from Ajax. I also slapped a piece of non-skid tape on the front strap to improve my grip traction. I figure to use the heck out of this gun, so I changed it to suit my wants.

Lobotomy Boy
March 7, 2006, 06:08 PM
Which gun do you plan to accessorize?

I think you need an AR15, the ultimate gun to accessorize.

If you enjoyed reading about "Accessorizing..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!