Savage 110FP rebuild opinions needed

PDA

Morlock
April 16, 2003, 06:34 PM
Posted this on rifle country, but i wanted to get some more opinions.

like a few others on the board, tax season came with an unexpected windfall (WOOHOO!!!!). been contemplating a few purchases and one of them is a short action savage 10FP. This leaves me with a long action savage in 7.62x51. I'd like to re-barrel it to a long action cartridge (mebee 25-06 or 280 remington) , but it would leave it a single shot (short mag box). Now to my question, would it be possible to modify the HS precision trigger guard/floorplate assy for the rem700 to fit the savage , or if there's someone who's manufacturing something similar. If not, how much work would it be to convert the blind mag to accomodate LA cartridges????

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110FP rebuild opinions needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Glockster35
April 24, 2003, 12:20 PM
I too would be interested in this conversion if it is possible.

I have a 10FP that would be a much sweeter rifle with a drop floorplate on the mag.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage 110FP rebuild opinions needed" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!