Should Iraq sell confiscated weapons on E-Bay?

PDA

Tman
April 16, 2003, 07:22 PM
I was thinking, if Iraq wanted to raise money to help get their country back on their feet, they should sell all the confiscated weapons. They could raise hundreds of millions (?????) dinars to fund projects. If they did, what would you bid on? That gold plated MP5 did look kinda interesting?

If you enjoyed reading about "Should Iraq sell confiscated weapons on E-Bay?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George Hill
April 16, 2003, 07:53 PM
Unless the NRA just bought out EBay... selling guns there isn't going to happen.

Try GunBroker.com

Tman
April 16, 2003, 08:03 PM
Do you think they would sell those weapons anyway? Or, just destroy them?

benewton
April 16, 2003, 08:43 PM
If they were confiscated, Iraq doesn't own them anymore, and we have the ATF, or whatever the new acronym is, to prevent that from occuring.

You people don't seem to get it: it is your job to PAY.

There isn't any return on the "investment".

Pointman
April 17, 2003, 12:14 AM
Sure! Then pay for them with PayPal :barf:

firestar
April 17, 2003, 01:40 AM
I think people are missing the downside if all these weapons come on the market, if the market is suddenly flooded with Gold plated MP5s then mine won't be worth as much!:banghead:

Airwolf
April 17, 2003, 01:53 AM
Isn't gonna happen :scrutiny: :what: :cuss:

http://herald-sun.com/images/photos/live/IRAQ_US_WAR_AXLP1152352003416.jpg

A pile of hundreds of AK-47 automatic rifles are seen burning after they were destroyed by U.S. Marines in Salah Al-Deen Military Hospital in the northern Iraqi town of Tikrit, Wednesday, April 16, 2003. A huge arms cache consisting of thousands of rifles, ammunition and mines was found in the hospital of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's hometown of Tikrit.

BerettaNut92
April 17, 2003, 02:09 AM
I'll raise you $200 on that MP5K briefcase....

general
April 17, 2003, 01:36 PM
Airwolf : I bet the antis will be framing that picture in their offices. Placing it over their beds and on their nightstands, they will be sleeping well knowing that those bad old guns won't be hurting anyone anymore.
:barf: :fire:
Makes me ill to look at it. Currently wishing for an AK or SKS to fiddle around with.

gbelleh
April 17, 2003, 11:29 PM
I don't like to see piles of full auto AKs burning, but if anyone has a picture of all those MP5Ks w/briefcases burning, PLEASE don't post it! I couldn't take looking at that carnage! :what: :cuss:

bfason
April 17, 2003, 11:50 PM
I halfway expect to see Saddam's head from that statue for sale on Ebay.

Topgun
April 18, 2003, 10:59 AM
Don't forget the stuff from the museum. AND the library.

The war wasn't about oil.....it was about BOOKS!

:barf: :barf: :barf:

If you enjoyed reading about "Should Iraq sell confiscated weapons on E-Bay?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!