Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set

PDA

Drizzt
March 8, 2006, 05:52 PM
Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set

A pistol-packing Ted Nugent startled a VH1 film crew member.

Gun enthusiast Ted Nugent won a showdown with a VH1 film crew assistant director the other day.

Nugent, in town for the filming of VH1's "Supergroup" reality show, walked onto the set early this week exercising his right to bear arms.

The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns.

Nugent, 57, stuck to his guns (gun), and the AD has not been seen on the set since, I'm told.

Reached at VH1 in New York on Friday, spokeswoman Michelle Clark said Nugent "has a license to be a firearm carrier no matter where he might be. I'm sure he wasn't waving it around."

Nugent and four other veteran rockers wrap up their 12-day taping, most of it at the Parisian Palace, with a concert Sunday at the Empire Ballroom, 3765 Las Vegas Blvd. South.

Joining Nugent on the reality show is Sebastian Bach of Skid Row; drummer Jason Bonham, son of Led Zeppelin legend John Bonham; Scott Ian of Anthrax; and Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2006/Mar-04-Sat-2006/news/6189520.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mbs357
March 8, 2006, 05:57 PM
Go Ted.

natewill
March 8, 2006, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry, but the Nuge rocks. I wish I could have his energy level and confidence in the face of idiots. But he's always been a little more contentious than I prefer to be, anyway.

outofbattery
March 8, 2006, 06:03 PM
This was in NYC? Is he a reserve LEO somewhere? I didn't think NY state granted non-resident permits,let alone NYC but I guess everything changes when you have $$$.

CZ-100
March 8, 2006, 06:03 PM
I wish I could have a permit to carry anywhere....

Correia
March 8, 2006, 06:05 PM
Ted Nugent and Scott Ian in the same group? :D I'm there.

Clandestine
March 8, 2006, 06:08 PM
I believe that Ted is a reserve LEO. Ive seen him flash his badge before so maybe he is using HR218?

michael_aos
March 8, 2006, 06:13 PM
Michigan County Sheriff Deputy, 1978-present

Bio (http://www.tednugent.com/tnbio/index.shtml)

Mike

Zen21Tao
March 8, 2006, 06:18 PM
Three cheers for the Nuge. I do kind of wonder what happened to the poor little assistant director. :D

Sawdust
March 8, 2006, 06:21 PM
This was in NYC? Is he a reserve LEO somewhere? I didn't think NY state granted non-resident permits,let alone NYC but I guess everything changes when you have $$$.

Las Vegas.

Go Ted!

Sawdust

Henry Bowman
March 8, 2006, 06:23 PM
The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns. :rolleyes: When will we get the message across that it is the presence of that firearm that makes you safer! :banghead:

DHFirearms
March 8, 2006, 06:24 PM
Ya sometimes he gets out there, but you gotta love Nugent. He doesn't waiver for anyone!

f4t9r
March 8, 2006, 06:31 PM
Hes a little different then most but you gotta like him , hes big pro gun.
His show was pretty cool to watch.

perpster
March 8, 2006, 06:38 PM
OH MY GOD HE'S GOT A GUN !!!!!!

RUN

HIDE

CALL THE POLICE

Hmmm. VH1? I could understand that reaction from an MTV crew but would think VH1 would be a bit more...mature?!

txgho1911
March 8, 2006, 06:59 PM
Can someone get him a note telling him he could win?

thorazine
March 8, 2006, 07:44 PM
(rockin out) "Cat scratch fever..." :cool:

PlayboyPenguin
March 8, 2006, 07:56 PM
The director had the right to be afraid. We all know how about the dozens of people Nug has shot in the many years he has been carrying. :rolleyes:

George S.
March 8, 2006, 08:01 PM
Not only did he stand up for his rights, it looks like the assistant director got his butt kicked to the curb for complaining. :cool:

Shotgun12
March 8, 2006, 08:56 PM
When I was younger, I was a fan of most of Ted's music, and also maybe due to his being a fellow 'Michigunner', I can't help but like his down-to-earth, common sense, "Constitutional - American" ideals.
If he were to make a run for governor .... and won, I believe I'd be movin' back up, sooner than planned. Maybe he'd be able to help turn the state back over to the "good citizens", so that it could be the good place to live .... it once was.
Doesn't hurt to dream.

Lupinus
March 8, 2006, 08:58 PM
go uncle ted :D

seriously, you can't not love Nuge

as for the cop questions he is a sheriff deputy, wonder how many guns he carries we don't see

panzermk2
March 8, 2006, 09:14 PM
TEDs not over board for me. He's the man.
In the 70's I was a fan of his music.
In and after the 80's I became a fan of the MAN and his life style.
What he believes in I believe in.

GOD, GUNS, GUTS, RONALD REAGAN and COUNTRY

one-shot-one
March 8, 2006, 09:33 PM
"Ted Nugent for President

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone get him a note telling him he could win?"

SMLE
March 8, 2006, 11:17 PM
I like his brand of rock and roll and his politics. I recently read his book; "God, guns and rock & roll." and really enjoyed it. If he ever makes it to New Mexico (or within reasonable driving distance of Albuquerque) I'll make a point of going to see him.

cbsbyte
March 8, 2006, 11:27 PM
I am not a fan of Nugent. Though, I do applaude him sticking to his guns over the issue..

'Card
March 8, 2006, 11:51 PM
The 'Nuge is a complete and utter whackjob, but it's nice to have at least one whackjob on our side. :cool:

IDriveB5
March 9, 2006, 12:19 AM
haha my man nugent. gotta love him.

Knob Creeker
March 9, 2006, 12:36 AM
VH1 is as far left as MTV, way to go Ted!

Forget about the President, lets put Ted in the Senate or make him the new head of the ATF and get some bans permanently overturned.

damascusblade5
March 9, 2006, 12:45 AM
I am not a fan of his music,but admire his guts for sticking to his gun.According to his TV show on the outdoor channel,he is now a resident of his ranch in Texas more than in Michigan.

trickyasafox
March 9, 2006, 12:52 AM
he's a bit eccentric, but i think he makes great points and is a pretty smart guy

Knob Creeker
March 9, 2006, 01:08 AM
he is now a resident of his ranch in Texas more than in Michigan.

The Nuge family moved to Texas after they found toxic mold in their Michigan home. Seems the fungus problem was so severe they had to tear the house to the ground and even dig up a lot of the soil below. Last I heard he was planning on moving back to MI when they build a new house, but maybe Ted has gotten sick of the politics up there and will stay in Texas. I would defiantly choose Texas over MI.

Mortech
March 9, 2006, 01:19 AM
Definitely not a Nugent music fan but hey he's got my vote if he wants to run for public office . Rock on dude !

gunsmith
March 9, 2006, 01:22 AM
And an astute debater. No doubt he puts on a good show, but he can hold his own intellectually with any high powered attorney or politician or professor.

I for one am real glad we have him on our team.

GrammatonCleric
March 9, 2006, 02:13 AM
Ted may be a lunatic, but GOD BLESS HIM FOR THAT!!! :D :D Seriously, he is one of the best progunners to represent us to this nation of ignorant, cowardly sheep. I applaud him for being so vocal about OUR 2nd Amendment rights.

Zen21Tao
March 9, 2006, 02:21 AM
VH1 is as far left as MTV...

Yes but you'd think that MTV is used guns with all their ghetto thug rap stars representin' with their Glock Fouh-tys. :neener:

Taurus 66
March 9, 2006, 02:36 AM
I only know a few of his songs. It's great to see him pro RKBA, but that show of his "Wanted Ted or Alive" would be made better if he didn't show the same episode over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ... ∞

Meplat
March 9, 2006, 02:45 AM
Ted has been around for lot of years, and weathered many a storm that his contemporaries could not because of his take no prisoners, in your face, too stubborn to go away attitude. I've heard people moan and p*ss about his confrontational style, but he DOES get noticed, and at least gets people off their asses one way or the other.

He climbed up through the ranks at the time when the mantra was "sex, drugs, and rock and roll"...with his own personal mantra "sex, leave the drugs and alcohol the hell alone, send your arrow straight and true, and be a MAN" when being a MAN was a liability and not an asset.

Personal fave is "Stranglehold"...but "Stormtroopers" was about as prophetic a number as I can recall. Have seen him twelve times, and not ONCE have I done anything but enjoy it thoroughly. Great entertainer, knows how to work an audience (he ought to, he was the largest grossing touring act in the late seventies and early eighties) and made a whole generation of kids think about that the fact that if HE could have that much fun being "uncool", then they could too.

An embarrassment? Hardly. Man says what he thinks, and damn the consequences. And has suceeded in SPITE of it, not because of it.

Over the top? When he stops being over the top, I'll stop listening to him.

It's time for some over the top, non-compromise attitude. Too much pussyfooting around, too many concessions made already.

Uncle Ted is my pick by far.

Blue Jays
March 9, 2006, 02:47 AM
Hi All-

Big fan of Ted Nugent for many years, both his music and his books. He is a decent and honest man and certainly a fantastic ally for our right to keep and bear arms.

~ Blue Jays ~

MSgt B
March 9, 2006, 03:02 AM
The man has lived his life, not waiting for what will happen next, but going out and making it happen now, the way he wants it to happen.

Check the Stonewall Jackson quote.

shooting time
March 9, 2006, 08:17 AM
Ted is great. I like when he bags a animal and says a prayer over it He shows he is not out there just to kill.

Janitor
March 9, 2006, 08:17 AM
I wonder if the AD actually got kicked to the curb. If so, I'd be a little dissapointed. They may have missed an opportunity to turn an anti.

If they wanted to punish him for being an ignorant blissninny, they should have made him spend a couple of days at the range with Ted. :cool:

one-shot-one
March 9, 2006, 09:00 AM
as soon as i have posting rights i'll let him know what we want.

http://www.tednugent.com/

Lobotomy Boy
March 9, 2006, 11:10 AM
Three cheers for the Nuge. I do kind of wonder what happened to the poor little assistant director.

Apparently he was a tender, precious flower, and with a name like ZenTao, you probably know what the Budhists say to someone who is too tender about his own preciousness: "You, the precious thing, will die."

Jubei
March 9, 2006, 01:53 PM
Quote:
The startled assistant director asked the rocker to remove the holstered firearm from the active set, citing safety concerns.

When will we get the message across that it is the presence of that firearm that makes you safer!

I think we got it wrong...the safety concerns were the yellow puddles that the pathetic little assistant director was leaving all over the place. If he had any testicular fortitude, there'd be no problems.

Jubei

Lobotomy Boy
March 9, 2006, 01:58 PM
I think we got it wrong...the safety concerns were the yellow puddles that the pathetic little assistant director was leaving all over the place.

I can see where this could be dangerous, what with all the electric cable on the ground and all.

Drysdale
March 9, 2006, 02:21 PM
I listen to a talk station in Dallas in the evenings, as Russ Martin is the most talented funnyman in the radio business. So every morning, I usually have to hear David Lee Roth's verbage for the 30 seconds it takes me to wake up enough to turn the channel. Well, guess who was his gues yesterday morning? That's riiiiight! Uncle Teddy! And man he was GREAT! If you've ever heard Roth on an interview, he kind of dominates by talking nonstop. Well... he was at the feet of the MASTER yesterday! It was hilarious hearing Roth trying to get a word in edgewise!

Of course I had a moment of hate for the Nuge when I looked down at the crappy sausage roll I was eating as he described the pheasant dinner he'd eaten the night before... But I eventually got over it :)

molonlabe28
March 9, 2006, 02:59 PM
Ted is great.

I used to know a hippie chick who dated him in the 1970s, and she would share funny stories about him.

He is a great emmissary for our sport, our guns and our way of life.

He gives a nice contrast to watching the Osbournes.

AllisonDT
March 9, 2006, 03:25 PM
"Stranglehold" is a great song. So is "Fred Bear." :p

Ted's a different kind of dude, sure, but I consider him an asset to the hunting /2nd Amendment debates.

one-shot-one
March 13, 2006, 08:46 AM
that Ted should run for president, on his web site. lets see what happens.
thread:
http://nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/247991.html

:D

porterdog
March 13, 2006, 10:19 AM
My favorite Nugent quote:

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."

Mine too.

Sean85746
March 13, 2006, 10:22 AM
No, Ted is not a reserve officer....he is a FULLY SWORN deputy with Lapeer County in Michigan.

So, yeah...HR 218 covers him anywhere in the US.

GO TED...YOU ROCK!

ScottsGT
March 13, 2006, 12:53 PM
I just wish he would clean up his language in his stage shows. I would be embarrassed to take my teenager to one of his acts. Pure vulgarity, but other than that, he's a great guy.

Texas9
March 13, 2006, 04:08 PM
Sweet. Three beers for the Nuge.

That a.d. just learned how powerful politics are for celebrities who AREN'T all anti-gun. Bottom line: you don't **** with the talent:evil:

That being said, any fans of the music who haven't seen him, must. I saw him at the Mud Island Amphitheatre in Memphis, TN with Bad Company (he headlined), and it was a sight to behold. He opened his set with "Purple Haze," and finished with a rip-roaring solo followed by placing his axe in front of his amp and shooting a huge red letter X on the back from across the stage with his personal hunting bow and an explosive (pyrotechnic, not grenade, you commando's;) ) tip arrow.

Stuff that blows up is cool...:D

Also, ScottsGT, bear in mind that the fans of Ted the rocker aren't always the fans of Ted the NRA guy. He still has to be the Motor City Madman onstage, even as well spoken as he tends to be on a podium. It's not exactly a family environment.

Carl N. Brown
March 13, 2006, 04:51 PM
I am sure he did not need the handgun on the set (the assistent
director does not sound like a threat). But, reasons for carry are:
armed robbery ambush getting to car; car jacking on way to studio;
robbery in parking lot. Once in the studio, do you make the gun
disappear? No, you keep it in the holster. I have seen open carry at
Wal Mart and it did not bug me. Jeez. The A.D. (assistent director)
needs to stop and think: A.D. (accidental discharge) is more likely
taking guns in and out of holsters rather than leaving them there.

Seen Nugent live once, Saw B.B. King live once. Can die happy.

ScottsGT
March 13, 2006, 05:31 PM
Also, ScottsGT, bear in mind that the fans of Ted the rocker aren't always the fans of Ted the NRA guy. He still has to be the Motor City Madman onstage, even as well spoken as he tends to be on a podium. It's not exactly a family environment.

Ain't that the truth!! I saw him as the opening act for KISS about 6 years back. But as his popularity as Ted the NRA guy grows, it too will help populate his shows. I think a few NRA members are in for a shock! :eek:

chrisTx
March 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
No, Ted is not a reserve officer....he is a FULLY SWORN deputy with Lapeer County in Michigan.

So, yeah...HR 218 covers him anywhere in the US.

GO TED...YOU ROCK!

he's been a 'special deputy' for lake county, michigan for a long time. he's also a reserve deputy constable in mclennan county, Texas, but i don't know which precinct.

being a reserve in many states actually qualifies you as a fully sworn officer. in Texas, reserves carry the same powers as a full-time officer, and as such are peace officers commissioned by the state.

Meplat
March 15, 2006, 02:04 AM
I am sure he did not need the handgun on the set (the assistent
director does not sound like a threat). But, reasons for carry are:
armed robbery ambush getting to car; car jacking on way to studio;
robbery in parking lot.

Ted's life (as well as the lives of his children) have been publicly threatened on too many occasions to count by PETA types. I'd be willing to bet the threat count is higher for him than for Feinswine, yet she gets to keep her .38 on her even in places LEO's couldn't. Not to mention armed body guards. Not to mention that anyone making public threats on her life would soon wind up behind bars. I think Ted has even more reason to be cautious about leaving home naked than most of us do, and don't blame him a bit if he wants to tuck a .45 in his loin cloth.

Once in the studio, do you make the gun
disappear? No, you keep it in the holster. I have seen open carry at
Wal Mart and it did not bug me. Jeez. The A.D. (assistent director)
needs to stop and think: A.D. (accidental discharge) is more likely
taking guns in and out of holsters rather than leaving them there.

Some common sense there.

Seen Nugent live once, Saw B.B. King live once. Can die happy.

Seen Nugent twelve times, have seen and met B.B. King and actually held one iteration of Lucille. I think you and I could get along a-okay.

IndianaDean
March 15, 2006, 03:49 AM
I'm with panzermk2. I've liked Ted since the 70s, like him now, would vote for him every time.

"The Spirit of the Wild, running free"

Soap
March 15, 2006, 08:30 AM
Ted is the man. I'm currently reading "God, Guns, and Rock n' Roll". :)

IndianaDean
March 15, 2006, 08:30 PM
Great book. I'm on the second read.

panzermk2
March 15, 2006, 09:55 PM
+1

panzermk2
March 15, 2006, 09:57 PM
The only thing that get better for me is to hunt with Ted.
I have looked at his giuded hunts so I'm saving.
I wouldlove to have my daughter attend his camp for kids to.
Funny thing is that would be the only place I would feel her to be safe out of my sight

GigaBuist
March 16, 2006, 01:15 AM
I think Ted has even more reason to be cautious about leaving home naked than most of us do, and don't blame him a bit if he wants to tuck a .45 in his loin cloth.

Last I knew it was a 10mm Glock 22 that he was using or a carry gun. Apparently, he doesn't mess around. :)

Lobotomy Boy
March 16, 2006, 01:21 AM
Last I knew it was a 10mm Glock 22 that he was using or a carry gun.

Oh no! The Nuge carries a gun with no soul! Say it ain't so! The Nuge must carry a 1911 like The Good Lord and John Moses Browning intended.

(For the record I think anthropomorphizing objects in this manner is, well, which one of those little emoticons indicates "mental"?)

Ryder
March 16, 2006, 02:19 AM
Been listening to Nugent since the Amboy Dukes. I'm not much into hero worship but I do admire him for the way he excercises freedom. He displays an understanding that freedom is kinetic. Potential freedom means nothing, people in prison have that.

SingleStack
March 16, 2006, 03:51 AM
Ted is one of my heros...and a little crazy, which makes him such an appealing character. Good on him for sticking to his gun(s)!

If you enjoyed reading about "Nugent sticks to his gun on VH1 set" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!