Sometimes It's Good to Get Shot

PDA

tellner
March 9, 2006, 12:43 PM
Man is shot by robber. While operating doctor's find previously-undiscovered tumor.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2006/03/09/1479964-ap.html

If you enjoyed reading about "Sometimes It's Good to Get Shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HighVelocity
March 9, 2006, 01:35 PM
I wonder if the tumor stopped the bullet. Now that would be incredible luck.
Ocassionaly we all get lucky. Sometimes it means more than others. In this guys case especially.

Still, I would not call getting shot lucky. Had he seen the Dr on a regular basis the tumor would have likely been discovered at some point anyway.

[conspiracy theory] maybe the guy new all along he had a tumor but didn't have insurance to pay for the operation so he bribed some crackhead to shoot him with a small caliber weapon in the area of the tumor while making it look like a robbery attempt, knowing Dr's would find it when going after the bullet. [/conspiracy theory] :neener:

Preacherman
March 9, 2006, 04:05 PM
I can see it now... I go for my regular checkup, and my Doc says "Just stand in that target frame - we have a new test for cancer!" :what:

:D

tellner
March 9, 2006, 04:36 PM
"You don't understand, Mr. Ellner. You're not getting a shot for your diagnosis. You're getting shot."

Jim K
March 9, 2006, 05:16 PM
A friend's mother suffered head injuries in an auto accident. While the doctors were examining her they discovered a brain tumor. She had no pain and showed no symptoms, but the doctors said that if it had been found even a year later it would have been inoperable. The woman is doing fine, and still talks about her "lucky accident."

Jim

.22-250
March 9, 2006, 05:20 PM
I can see it now... I go for my regular checkup, and my Doc says "Just stand in that target frame - we have a new test for cancer!"

Preacherman, trouble is your doc might shoot with a Barrett, mind you, good cure for constipation. :D :D

Nigel.

GunnySkox
March 9, 2006, 05:21 PM
So, the inevitable question: Is 9mm adequate if the BG has a big tumor?

:D :D :D

~GnSx

Jubei
March 9, 2006, 05:44 PM
And what caliber would a proctologist use?!?:what:

Jubei

middy
March 10, 2006, 10:49 AM
It doesn't matter what caliber rifle a proctologist uses, he'll just take you out with a butt-stroke. :uhoh:

HighVelocity
March 10, 2006, 11:40 AM
^^ So wrong and yet so true :eek:

Randy in Arizona
March 10, 2006, 11:42 AM
SICK HUMOR - I love it!:D

About thirty years ago a friend of mine got hit in the head in a minor mining accident. In the process of taking care of the skull fracture, the surgeon found a tumor in the bone of his skull in the area of the impact.

Sort of a mixed blessing, getting hit in the head with a 30 pound steel sheave block, and ending up better because of it. BTW, he had been having trouble taking a leak until he pulled out his baloon catheter while recovering from the anesthetic!:what: :what: :what: :what: :what:

exar
March 10, 2006, 01:13 PM
I had a buddy who was sitting on a porch and resting his back against the rail. The porch was in disrepair and not very safe, a point brought up by me and a few others. The rail gave way and as my buddy tried to wave his arms around like a chicken to regain balance, he fell about 13' on his back. He was ok except for a little constant pain. He found out at the hospital, after an x-ray, that he had a tumor on his spine. It was removed and he's ok. Funny to see how common this actually is.

HighVelocity
March 10, 2006, 01:18 PM
Funny to see how common this actually is.

No kiddin. I think I am going to have a tumor implanted away from any vital organs so if I ever get shot , fall from a high place or clobbered by a heavy object, the injury will only be where the tumor is.

Berek
March 10, 2006, 03:49 PM
I can see it now... I go for my regular checkup, and my Doc says "Just stand in that target frame - we have a new test for cancer!"

I know a few ppl that would... And I wouldn't miss 'em. It's a Darwinian thing...

If you enjoyed reading about "Sometimes It's Good to Get Shot" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!