Model 1 6.8 uppers

PDA

Lobotomy Boy
March 9, 2006, 01:13 PM
Anyone know anything about the company Model 1 Sales (model1sales.com) and the 6.8 uppers they sell? The price is tempting ($365), but I have not heard of this company before.

Also, will the magazines for the 6.8 rounds work with a standard 5.56 magazine well or do you need special lowers? I assume the standard lower works since they are only shipping 6.8 uppers to Iraq.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 1 6.8 uppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
March 9, 2006, 01:17 PM
I have at least three Model 1 Sales barrels (made by E.R Shaw) at present, have one on order as we speak, and have bought a fair bit of other AR stuff from them as well (entry stocks, flat tubes, etc.).

So far, I can't complain. I can't say that their stuff is the top of the line (because it's not) but it's been good functional stuff for me. I have two 7.62x39 m1S barrels in DPMS hi-rise flattop uppers and both are solid MOA shooters, for example.

Some folks who've bought from them have had some QC issues with the shipment (being shipped the wrong parts) that required a few go-arounds to resolve. But I've never heard of anyone NOT getting a satisfactory resolution out of M1S.

If you enjoyed reading about "Model 1 6.8 uppers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!