Anyone deal with Empire Arms?

PDA

Mike Irwin
April 16, 2003, 11:31 PM
Anyone do any dealing with Empire Arms in Florida?

Friend of mine just ordered a Jungle Carbine from them.

Nice selection, but their prices seem kinda.... HIGH for a lot of these guns.

If I'm seeing the same guns cheaper at gunshows in Northern Virginia, I really have to wonder what is going on with the firearms market in the rest of the country.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone deal with Empire Arms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CZ-75
April 17, 2003, 12:25 AM
Dennis Kroh usually offers good stuff, but you're right. Best to stay away from the stuff that you can pick up elsewhere. The hard-to-find stuff is why you should go to Empire. I've heard that he has a pretty good relationship with major importers like Century and Samco, so he can get some of the best stuff.

Viking Warrior
April 17, 2003, 12:34 AM
I have purchased from them in the past, very helpful people.
They make trips to the former USSR to find this stuff for us, wish I could go with them.

CZ-75
April 17, 2003, 12:41 AM
I think Tuco once did a trip to Finland.

Mike Irwin
April 17, 2003, 12:49 AM
Yeah, I see he has some stuff that's getting a LOT harder to find. Some of his prices are in the ball park, others are a bit under what I'm seeing, and some are quite a bit over.

For example, the K31 Schmidt Rubins. Last show I was at there were a bunch of very nice ones just above the Franklin mark.

swingset
April 17, 2003, 05:06 AM
The thing about Empire is that Dennis will give you a very critical description of his rifles, he never flubs on their condition. That's why people keep buying from him.

You can do $30 less at CAI, but you have really no idea of the condition of what you'll get.

At least that's my take on it.

Steve Smith
April 17, 2003, 09:28 AM
After several conversations with Dennis I'm convinced that he's an honest guy and not a "salesman." I have yet to do business with him though.

rmdye
April 17, 2003, 10:22 AM
i will pay extra and order from Empire. Dennis is one of the best no bs guy and tells you the truth, i never worry about what i order from him. he is one of the good guys. Ronald

4v50 Gary
April 17, 2003, 10:40 AM
Bought some of 91/30 PU rifles from Dennis Kroh. Since I was picking up triplets, he promised free shipping but billed me. When I complained via email, he corrected it immediately. He was honorable and I'm a satisfied customer.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone deal with Empire Arms?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!