rifle scope

PDA

rero360
March 10, 2006, 11:50 AM
I'm thinking about getting a new scope in the near future for my savage .308, the scope that came with it isn't the greatest. I would be using the rifle for mainly medium range target shooting average distance of about 300 yards although I would like to be able to push it out to its limits (and my own) when the opportunity arises. I've been thinking along the lines of a leupold or barska, I'm thinking I'd like to stick with a fixed power, I'm thinking 10x would be sufficiant, although I won't turn down a variable so long as the retical is on the first focal plain, and it has to be mil-dot. I'm still hopeing I get another oppertunity to go to sniper school (got deployed instead last time) so it would good practice just in case. other than that I have no ideas, what are some other good scopes out there that meet my guidlines? are the Barskas any good? I do like the look of their swat line.

If you enjoyed reading about "rifle scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USSR
March 10, 2006, 02:18 PM
rero360,

Bushnell makes a real nice one for about $175: Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40 Mil Dot. Take the $$$ you save on this scope and put it into a good 20MOA picatinny base and rings (Badger or Ken Ferrell).

Don

yci
March 10, 2006, 03:15 PM
The Super Sniper scope over at SWFA seems to get adequate reviews. They run around $299 - $399.

Looking at picking one of them up for myself in the next month or so.

If you enjoyed reading about "rifle scope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!