CZ PCR or P01?

PDA

Steve Smith
April 17, 2003, 11:43 AM
Besides the blocky front end for a light on the P01, is there a difference? Oh, that's right, the old style sights on the P01. (Why did they do that?) Is it hard to change the sights on them?

Which would be better for daily carry?

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ PCR or P01?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marko Kloos
April 17, 2003, 11:52 AM
I'd lean towards the PCR, and not just because I have one.

--It's easier to find leather for the PCR. Not too many holster makers do PO1 leather yet, and the slimmer pfront of the PCR makes it easier to find a fitting holster. (Most USP Compact holsters also fit the PCR pretty well.)

--The PCR is more aesthetically pleasing, since it doesn't look as nose-heavy and lacks the ugly accessory rail of the PO1.

--The "pseudo Novaks" on the PCR are superior to the stock sights on the PO1.

Otherwise, they're just about identical, and it's hard to go wrong with either of them.

Steve Smith
April 17, 2003, 11:58 AM
hmm...I bet the P-01 is a PITA (literally) to carry IWB...just thought of that.

cslinger
April 17, 2003, 12:00 PM
I have a P01 that I am very impressed with, my first CZ just to see what they were all about.

I would however suggest the PCR for you. I have never shot one but they are a little smaller feeling and without the big dust jacket should be a bit easier to conceal. Besides who needs a tac light on a carry gun besides maybe a cop or soldier.

I love my P01 though and have had no problems. It is accurate and reliable 100% with both FMJ and JHP rounds.

I have heard that the PCR and P01 shoot just about the same since the P01 is really just an updated PCR. I cannot speak from experience though.

Chris

Pilot
April 17, 2003, 12:24 PM
I would go with the PCR. Its got slightly better sights and who needs a light rail for concealed carry anyway. I think the light rail would have been a better addition to a full size model instead of a compact, but at least CZ is keeping the PCR in the line-up and not replacing it with the P-01.

NJ3
April 17, 2003, 02:59 PM
I've been trying to decide between these two pistols too. I'm leaning towards the PCR, even though my favorite gun store told me they can't get one.

PCRCCW
April 17, 2003, 10:42 PM
There are a couple of other differences.

Barrel color PO1 is blackened PCR is Polished, rear slide serrations are different, on the PO1 they are more contoured into the slide...
Supposedly the internals are slightly different..even though gun smiths have disproved that one....same gun.

The PCR is a better carry and the PO1 is a better side/duty arm...thats it. Simple

As far as which one is better...there is no right answer. The PO1 is superior to older PCR..with the standard DA trigger.
But the new PCR's have them also...again
same freakin gun......:D :rolleyes:

I promise you either will make you a PCR/PO1 fan...the HK/SIG/Glockophiles
I shoot with on occasion..always ask me to bring the pair I own with me.....

Ive turned down trading my custom for an HK USP/c a couple of times:what: ...although admittedly it was temping.

Shoot well

DougB
April 17, 2003, 11:16 PM
PCRCCW, could you explaine what you mean by:
The PO1 is superior to older PCR..with the standard DA trigger. But the new PCR's have them

I'm not aware of any changes in the PCR's trigger, or of mechanical differences between it and the P01.

Doug

blades67
April 18, 2003, 01:00 AM
You win, get both!:D

Marko Kloos
April 18, 2003, 07:29 AM
I'm not aware of any changes in the PCR's trigger, or of mechanical differences between it and the P01.

The regular PCR has the standard Compact trigger, but the newest PCRs have the PO1 trigger, which is more curved and also grooved. Those PCRs are known as "hybrids".

PCRCCW
April 18, 2003, 09:35 PM
CZ updates there parts, hammers, triggers, sights, etc...and will eventually make there way to every gun they fit.....
The PCR happened to need triggers because they were gonna be discontinued and ran out of parts...they used the new CZ/PO1 trigger its just a PCR...
The Hybrid is a PCR slide with a PO1 like full dust cover frame....
Its a gun I WANT!!!!!!!!!!:banghead: :cuss:
But mine will do for now :neener: :what:
Shoot well

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ PCR or P01?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!