M1 Carbine Question

PDA

hso
March 11, 2006, 07:10 PM
Anybody have any idea what M1 carbine manufacturer this trigger housing goes to?

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Fly320s
March 11, 2006, 08:14 PM
Well, it certainly looks like my M1 Carbine trigger group, with the exception of the lever in front of the trigger. Mine has a standard push left-right button for the safety, but mine is also a Natl Ord, FWIW.

Could that possibly be a selector switch for an M2 Carbine?

oneshooter
March 11, 2006, 08:48 PM
I believe that to be a late model reciever. The early models had a push button safety There were many complaints from the troops about releasing the mag by mistake instead of the safety! The safety was changed to the lever type. Product inprovement via user input.

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

hso
March 12, 2006, 01:01 AM
Oneshooter,

You find late model safties on early receivers very frequently since the US converted most every carbine they put in the field to flip safetys, type 2 rear sights and added bayo lugs.

The M1 carbines in early WWII configuration are very rare and very sought after. L sights and pushbutton safetys on type 1 or 2 barrel bands with correct internals bring frightening money these days.

Carl N. Brown
March 13, 2006, 05:43 PM
Larry Ruth is a died-in-the-cosmoline M1 carbine buff and has
a few books out that list manufactirers marks to ID the source
of M1 parts.

The flip lever is a safety switch, interchangeable with the safety button.

(a M2 switch would be on the left side of the trigger housing pin on the
top front of the receiver).

If you enjoyed reading about "M1 Carbine Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!