Feather RAV-9mm vs Beretta CX4

PDA

Foxtrot427
March 12, 2006, 01:29 PM
I like the Feather more I think. I have heard only good things about both. Anyone who owns a feather please post pics as pics are rare. Especially with a mag in. For me it would probably come down to price. I love the futureistic looks of the CX4 but the Feather with the AR15 stock as seen on www.featherusa.com is just pretty.

Edit: and anyone with pics of them or someone holding and/or shooting a CX4 would be appreciated along with the Feather pics.

If you enjoyed reading about "Feather RAV-9mm vs Beretta CX4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Foxtrot427
March 12, 2006, 06:08 PM
bump. Pleasse anyone? At leat w/ the pics. Also, I was wondering if the .40 could take any high caps

redloki
March 13, 2006, 08:00 AM
I too would like to see more pics and a range report on a feather. Last year my GF and I were at a gunshow and The guys from Feather were there taking special orders. My Gf fell in love with the Feather. They had one that was anodized purple with all the bells and whistles and she almost took it home but there is very little information out there about them. The gentlemen at the table dissasembled the weapon for us. I put it back together. It seemed to be a very solid yet simple design. He also told me that it would handle +P+ loads when I asked. It's been a little over a year since that day she still wants a feather. I just hate taking a chance on an $800.00 carbine that noone knows nothing about.

Foxtrot427
March 13, 2006, 05:20 PM
I too would like to see more pics and a range report on a feather. Last year my GF and I were at a gunshow and The guys from Feather were there taking special orders. My Gf fell in love with the Feather. They had one that was anodized purple with all the bells and whistles and she almost took it home but there is very little information out there about them. The gentlemen at the table dissasembled the weapon for us. I put it back together. It seemed to be a very solid yet simple design. He also told me that it would handle +P+ loads when I asked. It's been a little over a year since that day she still wants a feather. I just hate taking a chance on an $800.00 carbine that noone knows nothing about.Well it sounds like it was fun. I saw the video on their site and it looked simple and compact. What is "+P+"? I didnt think they were $800. I know on their site it says the base black RAV-9mm is $599. If it were $500 firm Id be all for it. The damn thing costs alot for such a small simple gun. I can find a CX4 that I am confident in for $525. Maybe even in .40. Of course the pic requests still stand. And Id still like to know if there are high caps for the .40.

KaceCoyote
March 13, 2006, 07:40 PM
+P+ are like magnum loads.

a 9mm handgun or rifle can, and will be severely damaged by firing +P or +P+ if not designed for it.

Foxtrot427
March 13, 2006, 09:52 PM
Ah okay thanks. My area is expecting tornados soon. Im looking to buy quickly. Anyone out there???

rero360
March 13, 2006, 10:40 PM
I have the CX4 Storm in .40 and its a blast to shoot, almost no muzzle blast, almost no felt recoil and you can take it apart in 3 minutes tops. no experience with the feather.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c101/rero360/2006-02-15013.jpg

there a photo to give you some comparision, the other guns in the pic are a mossberg 500 with the 28" barrel if I remember correctly, a remington 11-87, CVA hunterbolt .50 muzzleloader, springfield 1911 full size and a savage in
.308. hope that helps

Foxtrot427
March 13, 2006, 11:11 PM
Thanks. I apreciate it. If you get pics of you or someone holding it...please post.

rero360
March 14, 2006, 12:12 AM
I'll try, but I won't be able to post them until sunday night, sometime monday, all my funs are at my folks house, and I'm in college, stupid gun free campus rules.:banghead:

redloki
March 14, 2006, 10:20 AM
The $800.00 price tag that weapon had on it was one with all the special features added to it. Reddot sight, purple anodizing, harris bipod, ( which I thought looked dumb on it being such a smallweapon,but the girlfriend loved). All of the bells and whistles that can be added. You are correct in the fact that you can get a EBR base model for $600.00 or so. Purple she wants , purple she gets. I don't have to shoot it or clean it. Im just happy to have a lady that shoots even if it does cost me an extra $200.00

akodo
March 14, 2006, 03:53 PM
I've been looking for a light fun carbine, I have been thinking of a levergun or possibly a lightning (taurus makes a reasonably priced one) in 357, but I guess I didn't realize the beretta storm was so inexpensive. Am I correct in assuming it takes standard beretta 92 style mags? As in, can I get some 20 or 30 round 9mm mags for it?

rero360
March 14, 2006, 04:46 PM
it depends on what model CX4 you get, some take the 92 mags and the others take the 96 mags, but you can get a adaptor to use the other mags. its a really cheap part too if I remember right. I got mine in .40 with the upper rail for 550 after tax.

Thefabulousfink
March 14, 2006, 05:30 PM
I've seen those Feathers at the last few gunshows, they look like a suped-up M3 grease-gun. Infact, I think the bolt and action are identical to the M3. However, apart from people perferring the tommy gun and the M3 being made from cheep parts, it was a simple an reliable operating system. Plus these Feathers look ready to accept all the tacticool add-ons you could ever want.

Fit and finish is all right, but no where near Beretta quality. I guess you just have to really think about what you want the carbine for.

Foxtrot427
March 15, 2006, 06:20 PM
Ya know what, I think I might just get a del-ton 16" hehehe. But I am thinking between the two Id go with the cx4

Zen21Tao
April 6, 2006, 10:13 PM
Not sure this is what you are looking for but I have a Feather. However, it isn't the 9mm it is the AT22 .22lr but nonetheless it is a great gun. It is extremely accurate, very fun to shoot, and very durable. I got mine about 12 years ago. At the time I was 18 and rather rough on it breaking its magazine catch. I just tossed it in a closet. 10 year later (2 years ago) I was at my parents house and I found it stuck back in a closet covered in surface rust, dust, and cob webs. I brought it back to Gainesville with me where I cleaned it up, bought a new magazine catch, a couple new magazines, and a new carry bag for it. Then, once it was cleaned up and the magazine catch was replaced (which was very easy to do) I took it to the range. It fired like it was brand new right out of the box without any problem what so ever. If the 9mm model is anything like the .22 model I have then I say you would have yourself a superbly made gun that you would be very happy with.

Here is a photo:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/6466/featherat22resized28sx.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "Feather RAV-9mm vs Beretta CX4" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!