Hornady 308 Win

PDA

30-06 lover
March 12, 2006, 05:25 PM
Do any of you like or use Hornady Custom ammo? I have never tried it, but it seem like it should be accurate??? I am looking at getting some for my Novermber deer hunt this year, but don't know if it is worth the 25 bux a box to get it, or stick with Federal. I have looked at Hornady's website and they don't show the 308 loaded with Interbond, but Cabela's sells it??? If it were between Federal's 150 grain Nosler Partitions or Hornady's 150 grain Interbond, which would you choose??? Thanks!!!
-Mike

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0018819210823a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=hornady+custom&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.22&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=hornady+custom&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady 308 Win" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chuck Dye
March 12, 2006, 06:27 PM
I cannot speak to the .308 ammo, but my Model 70 really likes both the Hornady Light Magnum and the Federal High Energy 180 grain loads, putting both into ¾" groups when I do my part. I hunt with the Federal/Nosler load in part because I like the Partition concept, in part because they tend to be more available and cheaper, and in part because of a personal experience at Noslerís Bend OR facility. I would test both in your rifle and hunt with the one that your rifle is most accurate with. I am sure the critters will never know the difference.

dakotasin
March 12, 2006, 09:21 PM
hornady makes real good ammo.

there isn't much out there i would choose federal over - hate the stuff.

patent
March 13, 2006, 01:18 AM
I use the hornady .308 150 grain sst round for deer. It works very well.

The interbond isn't necessary, it will do the job, but if it costs more, and the target is a deer I'd stick with the sst. I expect their ballistics are very, very similar.

In my Tikka the sst is grouping around .8 on average.

patent

If you enjoyed reading about "Hornady 308 Win" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!