9mm Largo choices

PDA

Dr.magnum
March 12, 2006, 08:20 PM
I was out at a gun store today and found a place that had 6 or 7 boxes of CCI Blazer 9mm Largo, the aluminum case stuff, with hollow point bullets. I can't remember the grain, but it was marked GDHP(Gold dot hollow point?).
It was pretty good looking ammo, looked like it would be fun to shoot and would have some stopping power.
Now, the only guns I've ever seen that shot Largo were some Star 1911 clones. What else was there? Is there anything else still in production?
I don't know if CCI still makes this stuff, the shop I was in has a reputation for having stuff that no one else does.
By the way, he had it priced at $14.25 a box.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Largo choices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Janos Dracwlya
March 12, 2006, 08:44 PM
Try this page:

http://www.9mmlargo.com/

roo_ster
March 12, 2006, 11:28 PM
Astra 400.

A very interesting 9mm with a blowback action and an ingenious means to field strip them.

Jim Watson
March 13, 2006, 08:54 AM
Several years ago CCI made a large run of Largo but it seems to have sold out and not been repeated. I would not buy a gun to shoot up six or seven boxes of ammo not currently in production.

When readily availble cheap, we had one IDPA shooter who shot it in .38 Super guns, chamber tolerances overlap and pressure is about like .38 ACP.

I have read that you cannot do that with real Spanish surplus Largo, its FMJ OAL is too long for Super magazines.

Onmilo
March 13, 2006, 09:20 AM
If you want some real, genuine, 9mm Largo then go here.
http://www.sillc.com
Surplus International website.
I bought a couple of cases of the 1977 date non-corrosive Largo from these guys and it has been surefire, reliable and fairly accurate.
Bit on the pricey side for berdan primed ammunition but all around good stuff.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm Largo choices" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!