Ammo/M1 Ball/M2 Ball....

PDA

eclancy
March 13, 2006, 01:41 PM
Gentlemen,
This file gives us a chance to look at the M1/M2 Ball ammo in the M1 Garand.
Is this file the start of something?? Read the file and see what you think is going on.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/eclancy/69c14093.jpg

Sorry about the post again I am dealing with old microfilm.
I have a better file but I must keep the posted files small. If you need a larger file email me.

garandm1rifle@rcn.com
I hope you enjoy.

http://www.garandm1rifle.com
Thanks again for taking the time and effort to read this data.
Clancy

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo/M1 Ball/M2 Ball...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
foghornl
March 13, 2006, 04:00 PM
IIRC, the 'M1 Ball' ammo had a lot of problems with being dirty and inconsistant.

M2 Ball had a different powder and was cleaner.

johnmcl
March 13, 2006, 05:36 PM
Clancy,

I agree. I think the implicit problem being addressed is the poor usability of the pre-M2 ball ammo.

By the way, I noticed this was reproduced at the National Archives. Did you do this in DC and if so, are you coming here again?

John

eclancy
March 14, 2006, 12:17 PM
johnmcl,
I go to the Archives in DC and over to Suitland Md. It takes me a few days there to find data that has not been seen before. Why would I post what's already out. Maybe making a trip soon. Somtimes I go to APG and talk with Dr. Atwater about files I found.
Thanks again
Clancy
ps you both are correct but on other thing was done. The case was made thinner.

Khornet
March 14, 2006, 04:38 PM
does this (thinner case) mean the outside dimensions of the case were changed, or just the brass made thinner?

eclancy
March 15, 2006, 01:07 PM
Khornet,
I am going to post on my sites the files which deal with this problem between M1 and M2 Ball. It should be a great read.
Thanks again
Clancy

If you enjoyed reading about "Ammo/M1 Ball/M2 Ball...." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!