Got my P2000 in today. Wow!!!

PDA

Edmond
March 13, 2006, 07:38 PM
I went to the range with it today and it is the most accurate weapon I have ever shot. I was easily getting 2.5" groups at 35+ feet. I'm really starting to like the 9mm round because it has less recoil and it's cheaper to shoot than .40 or .45.

The SA is much smoother on the P2000 than SA on my USPc. The SA on the P2K is smooth but not quite as smooth as SA on my P229.

Now I gotta get my USPc trigger as smooth as the P2K.:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my P2000 in today. Wow!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
shield20
March 13, 2006, 08:36 PM
Hey - i picked mine up today too! Nice gun shoots great - the long trigger will take some getting used to though.

Question - what came in the box with yours??? I think some items are missing from mine...

Edmond
March 13, 2006, 09:11 PM
It came with:

the 3 additional backstraps for a total of 4.
1 test shell.
the key for the lock on the grip.
cable lock.
owners manual.
warranty card.
2 13 round mags.

The great thing is that it fits perfectly into the holster for my USPc.

gudel
March 13, 2006, 10:27 PM
so it looks like you got the v3. trigger's good in my LEM, no complaint here. oh yeah, I have the .40. For the 9mm I have the USP9 instead :)

psyopspec
March 14, 2006, 02:55 AM
It didn't take long for mine to become my favorite carry. It's a great gun, and with time the trigger smooths out and the shooter warms up to it.

Pilot
March 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
Where did you guys buy the P2000?

threefeathers
March 14, 2006, 11:17 AM
I just got one also, Edmund and I seem to be alternating mesages on H K Forum, and we have the same view about the P2K.
I fired mine yesterday and will put the target up. At 25 meters mine fired the Winchester Ranger 127 grain a bit low but center well. I suspect it will pop the 147s right on the money. It put the Federal 135 PD in the center of the bulls eye. But I want to carry the 127 gain Rangers so I will get used to it. My Montana Gold reloads were a little low but a small group. I fired standing using my modified Weaver, Shotokan stnce that is so natural to me. I put the large grip on which made it more comfortable for me.

I paid 775 and got it on a military post. It was ordered from Davidson's.
Mine has Three 13 round mags as do all from Davidsons on this deal.
If you are near a military post with a Sportsman's Center you can work the same deal.

psychophipps
March 14, 2006, 11:39 AM
My friend has recently picked up a P2K in .40S&W and he likes the weapon overall, but the trigger is taking him some getting used to.

Mark(psycho)Phipps( HAHAHA! )

Edmond
March 14, 2006, 02:34 PM
One of the vendors from H&K Forum was doing a group buy on P2000SK's but I wanted a P2000. Don't hold me on this but I think the deal was any caliber, any variant for about $700 shipped.

I love this gun, it will likely be my main carry gun from now on when I get the Mepro's on there.

It's extremely accurate. Or maybe I was "on" yesterday? Either way, I'm talking about headshots from almost 25 yards out.:D

gudel
March 14, 2006, 02:38 PM
soon you will be bored of its accuracy and reliability. you will find yourself looking for another.. HK :D

Edmond
March 14, 2006, 02:43 PM
I'm not looking for another H&K. I've already decided the P2000SK is next on the list and it's just a matter of time...:neener: It'll probably happen at the beginning of summer. I'm the type that needs to justify my purchases. I figure that with the warm weather, I'll be wearing less clothes so I'll need a smaller gun to carry so I won't print. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Got my P2000 in today. Wow!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!