AIM Surplus versus FGS, Inc. quality

PDA

Mantis
March 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
AIM is selling K31ís now for about $99 and claim the finish is about 80% to 90%. FGS, Inc. is selling the same rifle for about $114 and says the finish is about 70%. FGS, Inc. said the finish on their ďExcellentĒ K31ís is about 90%. Does anyone know how accurate AIMís claim of 80% to 90% finish really is? Why would you pay $179.50 for a 90% FGS, Inc. rifle if AIMís $99 rifles are about the same finish? There may be a good reason to, but Iím just learning about K31ís and would like to get more info before I buy.

Since I believe the guy I talked to at FGS was the owner, my gut tells me that he was being conservative and not over estimating the quality, whereas the people I spoke with at AIM were order takers, but I could be wrong.

If you enjoyed reading about "AIM Surplus versus FGS, Inc. quality" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Swampy
March 14, 2006, 07:00 AM
Mantis,

I've bought several milsurps from AIM. All have been as advertized or even under-rated in quality.

I'd buy from AIM again without hesitation...

Swampy

Garands forever

Big Daddy
March 14, 2006, 11:35 AM
My K31 from AIM (purchased about a year ago) was great. I was totally pleased with it.

MechAg94
March 14, 2006, 12:03 PM
Same hear on my K31 from AIM. The metal is in good shape and it is very accurate.

If you enjoyed reading about "AIM Surplus versus FGS, Inc. quality" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!