Savage Enfield serial Number

PDA

kentucky_smith
March 13, 2006, 10:00 PM
Pics to follow. New to me Savage #4 Mk1* from AIM. Prettiest nicest walnut stock I've ever seen, with a nice finish. Anybody know what year it would be, 57C419x. I know it was the 574,19xth one made, but this would put it when? 2 groove barrel, non-matching bolt.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Enfield serial Number" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DougW
March 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Kentucky_Smith, your Savage is a 1943 vintage. The s/n range for '43 is 40C to 81C. Lets guess April-May 1943. It would actually be the 419x rifle of the 57C lot of rifles. Remember, Savage made more #4 rifles during the war than any other single manufacturer. Somewhere around 1,236,000 in about 2 1/2 years of production. Nice when your factory is not being bombed! Good find in a rifle too.

If you enjoyed reading about "Savage Enfield serial Number" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!