Old Reloads No Problem

PDA

StrikeEagle
March 14, 2006, 03:32 PM
I got into reloading back in the early 70's... and I still have some of the ammo I made back then. It's been stored in those green 'ammo cans' in a cool place.

It all works fine. I've never run across an old round that didn't go bang.

StrikeEagle

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Reloads No Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
March 14, 2006, 03:42 PM
Yup. I think I still have some .243 stuff I loaded in 1968. Last time I was trying to use it up, it still grouped inside 3/4 MOA. Same for a bunch of old Swift and some .223 that I inherited; 1970s.

fulloflead
March 14, 2006, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I've actually INHERITED reloads from my grandfather, loaded from around that time, that weren't kept in a can, and they were fine. From a humid area of the country too.

loadedround
March 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
Same for me with old reloads. As long as the case is clean, free from corrosion or stains, the rooan goes bang. I would not depend on it for hunting or protection, but its fine for plinking. Referring to only my reloads, not something i scrounged up.

TooTaxed
March 15, 2006, 08:16 PM
Same here...just recently unpacked some rifle and pistol reloads from the '60s...no problem shooting them.

That said, I still use up the oldest reloads first...

If you enjoyed reading about "Old Reloads No Problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!