Looking for a new desk

PDA

DevLcL
March 14, 2006, 11:44 PM
How does this have anything to with guns you ask? Well I'm wondering If anyone has any good tips on a desk that a gun lover would...well...love. :D I guess what I mean is a desk with lockable drawer(s)/cabinet(s) and maybe something solid to facilitate the mounting of a shotgun underneath.

Any ideas would be great, thanks!

-Dev

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a new desk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Car Knocker
March 14, 2006, 11:51 PM
Actually, a claymore mounted just behind the front panel, and pointed in the proper direction, is the way to go.

DevLcL
March 14, 2006, 11:52 PM
I dont have the money for a fancy claymore... I was gonna go with a simple IED. :neener:

I dont mean to have the shotgun in a firing position, just out of the way yet ready to go.

-Dev

Rembrandt
March 14, 2006, 11:57 PM
Why would you want a shotgun mounted under a desk? Most shotguns are 4'-5' long.....

DevLcL
March 15, 2006, 12:03 AM
It would work great sideways... Like I said before I just want it ready to go. I just need something that isnt that fake hollow Ikea wood.

-Dev

carebear
March 15, 2006, 12:18 AM
Don't go to Ikea, Office Depot or the like. Contact, not an "office supply" store but a contract systems furniture dealer who deals with, say Steelcase (the industry leader).

They get trade-ins and one offs, wood and high-end steel, all the time and will usually sell them at discounted prices. This stuff is designed to be moved or reconfigured a dozen times for top shelf businesses.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for a new desk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!