Bushmaster .308 A2 Reassembly

PDA

afsnco
March 15, 2006, 05:34 PM
I'm having a problem with my rifle in the reassembly process. I emailed Bushmaster last week with this question, but they haven't responded yet.

When tearing the weapon down for cleaning, I also removed the ejector pin and ejector, just as I was taught to do on active duty. When I attempted to reassemble it, however, this redesigned bolt requires that it be pressed down and in with a great deal of pressure. The spring is no longer straight up and down, but angled downward inside the bolt body. I was finally able to reassemble it only after getting a buddy to help.

Has anyone else had this problem reassembling their Bushmaster .308? Am I missing some kind of tip or trick to make this go more smoothly? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster .308 A2 Reassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Bushmaster .308 A2 Reassembly" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!