Chrono S&B 12-ball 00 buck

PDA

CTI1USNRET
March 16, 2006, 07:51 AM
Has anyone chrono'd S&B's 12-ball 00 buck? I'd like to figure out the recoil from this load in my Stoeger coach gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chrono S&B 12-ball 00 buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lycanthrope
March 17, 2006, 06:13 PM
Are you talking the Clear plastic hulled rounds that are longer than standard unfired 2 3/4" rounds? I have a couple boxes of those and could do a chrono run if it warms up a bit.

CTI1USNRET
March 18, 2006, 08:04 AM
Yup. Those are the ones.

lycanthrope
March 19, 2006, 02:14 PM
Tried to run some thrugh today, but the club had a registered shoot. Should be able to do it within the week.

Johnny Guest
March 19, 2006, 06:18 PM
An interesting and worthwhile question has been asked. I will look forward to the answer(s.) However, since it does not touch on handloading or reloading, it is being moved to the Shotguns Forum.

Johnny

beerslurpy
March 19, 2006, 06:26 PM
They have been chronied before and usually wind up around 900-950 fps. More lead, less velocity. They have a pretty wide spread as well, probably from the lack of a real shot cup or buffer.

IMO they are excellent home defense rounds.

Fred Fuller
March 19, 2006, 10:15 PM
"They have a pretty wide spread as well, probably from the lack of a real shot cup or buffer."

And they are loaded with dead soft lead pellets, which deform a lot due to the lack of buffering and an impact absorbing wad. See http://www.jtk3.com/laissezfirearm/copper.htm for an interesting experiment in that regard.

If you trust the manufacturer's numbers re. muzzle velocity, see http://www.sb-usa.com/shotshell_pages/buckshot_12.htm .

lpl/nc

beerslurpy
March 23, 2006, 12:05 AM
Those werent manufacturer numbers, they were independent gun owner with chrony numbers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Chrono S&B 12-ball 00 buck" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!