Galil

PDA

TX35
March 16, 2006, 06:01 PM
Anyone out there know of a quality builder who makes a semi-auto Galil (5.56) , or copy there of???

If you enjoyed reading about "Galil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jagdpanzer347
March 16, 2006, 09:05 PM
Check out atlanticfirearms.com, they had a Galil-type rifle in the AK section last time I was on their site.
-jagdpanzer

Number 6
March 16, 2006, 09:10 PM
Ohio Rapid Fire makes a Galil copy. The company has a good reputation, but I have heard some grumblings about their FNC and Galil copies. I am not sure what the exact complaints were however.

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=6611088.16072*UG0XO1&p_id=01944&xm=on&ppinc=big

NMshooter
March 16, 2006, 09:20 PM
The original Galil had a milled receiver.

I do not know if any of the parts kit builds sold have the same.

You might get lucky and find an original for sale, but expect to pay $2000 or more...

Nice enough, but I did not find them that nice.

TX35
March 16, 2006, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the input guys!!! $2000 is a bit steep for that rifle....

Correia
March 17, 2006, 11:57 AM
The last actual Galil I sold was $1800.

I've done a little bit of work with Ohio Rapid Fire's stuff, and in my limited experience, it has been really good stuff.

What are you looking to get out of the Galil? A cheaper route may be customizing/smithing an AK until it has the Galil features you're looking for. I do this for people all the time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Galil" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!