old Sig and new mag equals bad news

PDA

SFvet
March 16, 2006, 06:46 PM
Well I orderd some Novac 8rnd mags for my Sig P220 and when I racked a dry mag, I tried to release the slide and it took ALOT of pressure. I thought at first that the mag had a buldge that caught on the slide catch..... I sanded the mags down and no such luck. I then went out to fire, and the Sig performed flawlessly... alittle too flawless. Now the weapon will not lock back unless I manually engage the slide release and it then does the same dang thing it did before. WELL.. I dont know but this is an old Sig, before they changed the design of the grips, the coating and added the accessory rail etc. I am never going to order mags from another manufacturer!:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "old Sig and new mag equals bad news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Falconeer
March 17, 2006, 08:08 AM
The best advice I've heard regarding mags for Sig pistols is to stick with either Sig or Mec-Gar (who makes is the OEM for Sig). I have NEVER heard of issues with either of those.

OH25shooter
March 17, 2006, 08:50 AM
For my 10 year old Sig I purchased new mags from the factory. Or, you can order them from this company. They supply the mags for many NIB brand handguns: http://www.mec-gar.com/

HighVelocity
March 17, 2006, 09:18 AM
All I use in my 220 are Novaks and haven't had any issues whatsoever. If you look over on Sigforum you'll find that factory mags and Novak mags are what the majority of 220 owners are using.
I don't know what you mean by "sanding down the mags" but it sure doesn't sound pretty.
It's possible that the little spring that pushes the slide lock up is weak on the gun.

If you enjoyed reading about "old Sig and new mag equals bad news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!