anyone make an affordable stock for the M-39 Finn Mosin?

PDA

atek3
March 16, 2006, 09:13 PM
ATI makes them for the mosin, but not the finn mosin. Any ideas?

thanks,
atek3

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone make an affordable stock for the M-39 Finn Mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mp510
March 17, 2006, 12:04 AM
Due to the value of Finn Mosins, I would advise against sporterizing it. I remember a few years ago when they went from $79 to $150+, and the mst recent one I saw was 399.

atek3
March 17, 2006, 12:06 AM
you don't understand... I'm saving the origional stock to keep it from being damaged. Meanwhile I'd like to shoot it with a synthetic stock on it.

dm1333
March 17, 2006, 09:51 AM
My ATI stock instructions had a whole page devoted to installing a stock on the Finn M39. Have you called ATI and asked them about it? Boyds may also make a nice sporter stock for it.

I just checked both sites, Boyds makes the RIA Sporter for MN, ATI has instructions on how and where to relieve their stock so it will work for a Finn M39

ball3006
March 17, 2006, 10:48 AM
that would damage the stock? Just pick up a Mosin Nagant 91/30, probably less than a stock for your M39, and beat it up instead.......Look at WGA's web site to see what M39s are going for now......I smell a bubba custom in the making, but, it is your rifle.....chris3

atek3
March 17, 2006, 11:03 AM
Actually I plan on hacksawing the barrel down to 16", installing a pistol grip, converting it to take detatchable magazines, putting a surefire foreend, and putting an aimpoint on top.

Just kidding, but seriously, why don't you go worry about someone else's rifle.

atek3

If you enjoyed reading about "anyone make an affordable stock for the M-39 Finn Mosin?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!