Cz75

PDA

Karate
April 18, 2003, 01:42 AM
I went to the gun shop today to trade for a Walther P99 in 9mm...I already have a P99 in 40S&W....but instead came home with a CZ75BD...I had heard so much about CZ's and then there was one right there in front of me in the case and the price was almost half of the P99 that I just could not resist it...So tell me CZ lovers what type of goodies can be added to this little jewel and where do I find them...I am really interested in Night Sights and Hicap mags...I really like the look and feel of the this weapon but it will be a few days before I can fire it....Do any of you carry this gun.... What type of holster do you use?...I saw on their Website that they make a Compact version will the 15 round mags work in it...If I like this one the compact might be next...How about Grip panels, can you get wood or maybe Hogue...Does Crimson trace make Laser Grips for it....Any info will be greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
blades67
April 18, 2003, 01:50 AM
You may not want to take a look at Haken's grips, you'll never get to use those CT laser grips.:evil:

cratz2
April 18, 2003, 02:27 AM
I think the 15 round mags will work but they'll stick out the end of the Compact by .5" or so. They should work as spares or for a 15% increase in blasting fun. :p

They really are great guns. Probably the very best for the price - certainly in the top 3. If you like the trigger, they also make a single action only model that with about $100 in work from EGW, will make you forget about all your other guns, poste haste.

railroader
April 18, 2003, 03:34 AM
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18842 Your in luck. There are hicaps for sale right now in the accessories for sale section. Mark

Marko Kloos
April 18, 2003, 08:16 AM
Good choice. I liked the CZ-75BD so much that I traded a LNIB Glock 17 with night sights for it. After I picked it up, I went back a day later to buy a CZ-75PCR Compact as well. After carrying CZs for a while, everything else feels like a 2x4 in the hand, except maybe 1911s and BHPs.

caz223
April 18, 2003, 08:27 AM
Wolff +5% mag springs for your hi-caps, a 16 pound recoil spring (Wolff), a witness stainless slide stop (Keep the original for a spare.), and a mag brake from a CZ85 combat.
Also, polish the feed ramp with a polishing wheel (Dremel) and some flitz.
A-zoom snap caps, and dry-fire it to death. :cool:
Edited- punctuation.

Sprout
April 18, 2003, 02:27 PM
Get a Kadet .22 conversion kit!

gwalchmai
April 18, 2003, 03:43 PM
I've had my CZ-75B Mil for about a year and it just keeps getting better. My 11 year old shoots it well, both in 9mm and .22 (the Kadet pays for itself). He says he prefers shooting it in .22 to his Ruger MkII.

Sit down with a snap cap and dry fire (DA) a few thousand times. It really helps lighten up that DA trigger pull. I put a Hogue wraparound grip on mine, and it's great, but I think an AGrip might be even better.

I have guns I paid more for, but I don't think I have one of greater value.

556A2
April 18, 2003, 03:48 PM
As far as night sights go, Meprolight offers their sights for the CZ-75 series. Theres a seller on Gunbroker, Reddogxx, who sells "factory" reg-cap mags fairly cheap, and has good results. There is a debate on wheather they are really factory mags, but CZ has different manufactuers of mags, so its not really a factor. Be sure to get some snap caps for dry-firing due to the way the firing pin safety is made (it can break your slide-stop with repeated dry-firing) theres a modifaction for the firing pin to fix this, but snap caps should be fine. You may want to check out Hakan's grips at http://www.imageseek.com/hakan/ , very good grips. Many people change their recoil springs to Wolff #16 which is good for +P loads, I haven't replaced mine, but I will in the near future. Also, I recommend going to www.czforum.com also since it is dedicated to CZs and has an FAQ section on CZs also.

SoDFW Jason
April 18, 2003, 03:50 PM
I WANT ONE!!!!!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Anybody wanna trade an XD subcompact for one?

Walt Sherrill
April 19, 2003, 05:27 PM
The Silver Bullit 1719 wrote:

Be sure to get some snap caps for dry-firing due to the way the firing pin safety is made (it can break your slide-stop with repeated dry-firing) theres a modifaction for the firing pin to fix this, but snap caps should be fine.While its a good idea to get the snap caps, it won't affect the slide stop.

The problem with dry firing is that the firing pin slams against the firing pin retention pin. It appear that if you dry fire often enough, the retention pen will eventually break, although it may take many thousands of dry fires to do it.

The modified firing pin you mention is available from JR FARRAR at http://www.jrfarrar.com and will stop the retention pin breakage. I used one in my CZ-40B before I traded it, and recently put one in my CZ-97B.

Slide stop breakage is a different issue, and a bunch of us on the CZ Forum have been trying to figure it out. In any event, its rare. But when it happens, it generally happens more than once to the same gun. (We suspect that the holes in the frame are out of spec.)

I'm on my fourth CZ and have dry-fired them all -- a lot. I only had a problem with the CZ-40B. The firing pin retention roll pin broke early, after relatively few dry fires. My 75B was dry-fired a lot and never had a problem.

(I also have a pre-B CZ75 and an 85 Combat, neither of which have firing pin blocks or retention pins. I like them a lot!)

If you enjoyed reading about "Cz75" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!