Semi for protection???

PDA

30-06 lover
March 19, 2006, 02:43 AM
No this is not the repeat "pump or semi" type thread, I am just wondering who uses a semi for protection? If so please tell the make and model! Thanks!!!
-Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi for protection???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
March 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
Preface:
The best kept secret is a 1100 in 20 gauge -

Any fiream needs to be function tested for at least 200 rds of the ammunitions it will be using. The 1100 in 20 ga has proven over too many years it works, has held up the rigorous round counts of Skeet and other clay games. Other proven similiar Semis includes the Beretta 303, 390/391, Browning Gold.

Semi for protection? Yes I have / no qualms about doing so.

My 1974 Win Super X Model 1 has well over 200k rds thru it. Still runs, still reliable, like an extension of me.

Quick count I can think of 6 folks using the 1100 in 20 ga, 3 in 12, 1 using .28ga and 2 using the .410.
Beretta 303 in 20 ga 4 folks come to mind. Browning Gold 3 using the 20 ga.

Do not ask me to even guess the total round count We (above)have fired all totaled together .

In one week we may have run 1k to 1500 rds thru Semi-Auto guns. Not uncommon to have shot 20K + in a year with the same Semi-Auto.

And yeah, quite a number of SX1 and SX2s doing Home Duty that I know of as well.

Duke of Lawnchair
March 19, 2006, 12:06 PM
I am just wondering who uses a semi for protection? If so please tell the make and model!

I use a Benelli M1S90 Tactical. The gun has been stone-cold reliable with heavy and light loads.

If you enjoyed reading about "Semi for protection???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!