1911 Frame Question

PDA

bratch
March 19, 2006, 04:23 AM
I was playing around with my 1911s and came up with a frame I'd like. Does anybody make a frame with an Officers Grip and a full length dust cover? I put my 5" slide on my Compact frame. It would be a sweet little gun if there wasn't a gap between the end of the dust cover and the slide. Does anybody produce something like this?

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Frame Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Rangegod
March 19, 2006, 10:59 AM
http://www.detonicsusa.com/streetmaster.html

JAC

bratch
March 19, 2006, 04:30 PM
Thats pretty close to what I'm looking for. Does anybody make a bare frame like this?

bratch
March 19, 2006, 04:47 PM
Been doing more research and found a cutom cut down Kimber that was exactly what I was wanting. Someone mentioned a lightweight Caspian officers frame with a longer dust cover. Does this beast exist?

farscott
March 19, 2006, 04:50 PM
Caspian makes the frame with a long dust cover, so that the builder can pick the length.

bratch
March 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
Interesting.

I can almost feel my wallet getting lighter.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 Frame Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!