hard day

PDA

pale horse
April 18, 2003, 12:59 PM
Well I had kind of a hard day yesterday. After I got in from lunch I got an email from my GF, saying that she needed to talk. Well it was odd because I new from the way she wrote the email that something was wrong. I could not think the rest of the day so I took off at 4:30 to go talk with her. We talked for a while and it ended in us breaking up. So we prayed and asked the Lord for guidance. So I went home and prayed for awhile and then went out for a walk. While out on my walk I did some more praying and talking with the Lord and now I have a great peace about it.

Well I started to walk back to my appartment and saw 2 ducks a malard and a "girl duck??" sitting on the ground. I snuck up on the two and was thinking of having duck for dinner. But here was my delemia. To shoot or to stab or break the neck. Needless to say I live in the city so that means I cant shoot. There was an retirement home 20 yards to the other side so I could not stab or break the neck because they would raise hell and have me locked up and crucified, it was a Catholic retirement home. Anyhow I decided that I would walk home and have a glass of wine and reload some ammo. I also called my dad and listened while he consoled me and that was good.

The day was hard and each one will get eaiser, but I just needed to dump on someone. Thanks for listening.

If you enjoyed reading about "hard day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Henry Bowman
April 18, 2003, 01:20 PM
Good choice. Sorry about your day.

BTW, Both ducks were probably mallards (unless they were kinky). The colorful one is called a drake and the "girl duck" is a hen.

pale horse
April 18, 2003, 01:22 PM
Well you learn something new each day. A malard and a hen, at one point I am sure I new that, but I am a little drained.

Thanks.

Steve Smith
April 18, 2003, 01:31 PM
Bad day. Off Topic. Closed.

If you enjoyed reading about "hard day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!