Understanding ballistics

PDA

safado
April 18, 2003, 03:04 PM
Total newbie question here but can anyone recommend a site or give me a link to a website/white paper explaining basic ballistics? I understand that there are different calibers etc., but not much more than that (ie grain??, how does a 9mm compare to a .40S&W or .45ACP?, recoil effects of various calibers?)

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Understanding ballistics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
trevman11
April 18, 2003, 03:09 PM
I have found the site below to be very helpful. Have a look and then come back if you have some questions. We'll all be happy to help. I love this site:

http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2b.handguns.htm

Trev

Zak Smith
April 18, 2003, 05:46 PM
For an introduction, I recommend Understanding Firearm Ballistics by Rinker. A local Barnes&Noble might have it in stock.

-z

Larry Ashcraft
April 18, 2003, 06:26 PM
Another great book, "Cartridges of the World" by Frank Barnes. I really love that book, but you have to be a gun freak to appreciate it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Understanding ballistics" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!