Dinged up my HK USP

PDA

joka667
March 20, 2006, 08:43 PM
I was being an idiot and carrying my HK in my pants without a holster and scratched the slide with my metal buckle. So now I got a nasty silver blemish on my otherwise jet black USP. Is there any convenient way I can get this fixed?

If you enjoyed reading about "Dinged up my HK USP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gezzer
March 20, 2006, 09:09 PM
Majic Marker

Stainless Chili
March 20, 2006, 11:02 PM
There is a product. Midway probably has it. It's like a marker. Sorry, but I never got it.

Odd it would scratch. Sure the buckle didn't leave metal on the black slide?

H&K might refinish it for $60. Or another vendor putting a harder finish than the H&K HE coating.

lawson
March 20, 2006, 11:05 PM
first just see if it isn't a soft metal mark on the finish like stated above, kinda like when you get into a fender bender, and some of the other car's paint is left on your car. try to buff it out with a soft cloth and some cleaning solution.

if it is actually scratched, there are several brands of touch up cold blueing products. i've had good results with the birchwood-casey products.

armymp119
March 20, 2006, 11:16 PM
if it is strached i would contact HK they have a great service dept. I have a Mark 23 that I had to send back because the mag well cracked. They really took care of me and got the gun right back to me in a week. I only had to pay 25 bucks plus shipping. I never mentioned that I was in the army I don't like to throw that around to get stuff done. Give them a call good luck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Dinged up my HK USP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!