Spel Checkar?

PDA

Sisco
January 3, 2003, 02:01 PM
a spel checkar shur wood be nice. houked on phonecs didnt werk four me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Spel Checkar?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
January 3, 2003, 03:15 PM
Currently there is no spell checking feature on vBulletin. One of the better web sites to do the check is: http://www.spellcheck.net/

Copy your entire post to the clipboard and paste it in the window at that site. After checking, copy that text and replace your post. A little kludgy, but it works.

A somewhat better alternative is to use a good word processing application, (e.g., Word) and compose your post there including spell checking it. Then copy/paste it to the reply window here.

Of course for shorts posts you won't even need to check it. BTW, we don't have any spelling police on Staff. :)

Mike Irwin
January 3, 2003, 04:13 PM
"Of course for shorts posts..."

Hum... Would that be a post comparing Fruit of the Looms against Haines, Mal?

Or maybe boxers vs. briefs?

Or maybe the age-old question...

underware vs au natural?

:p

Derek Zeanah
January 3, 2003, 05:27 PM
Actually, I believe this software is set to work with spellcheck.net, but there's a price. It's something like $150/10k posts that they check.

So, now that we've been up a week it would have cost $300 00 -- that's more than bandwidth! :what:

Probably not going to turn that feature on anytime soon. :(

Sisco
January 3, 2003, 05:42 PM
Certainly not worth the price. I'll keep on doing what I've been doing; Open a new message in Outlook and spell check there.

Mal H
January 3, 2003, 07:43 PM
Mike - In the immortal words of Portia Propertius, a famous Roman mater:
"Semper Ubi Sub Ubi"

You seem to be seeking underlying meaning where there is none, so to speak. ;)

In truth, I meant what I said. If the discussion is about .22 Shorts vs .22 Long Rifle, for instance, then no spell check is required. For all other subjects spelling will be critiqued and graded. :D

Mike Irwin
January 3, 2003, 08:33 PM
Oh Mal, now you've got grammar problems with your last sentence!

You're not doing well this evening!

Mr. Hankey
January 3, 2003, 09:54 PM
Try iespell. It works great. And best of all it's FREE

http://www.iespell.com/

Mal H
January 3, 2003, 11:18 PM
Now Mike, nobody said nuffin 'bout grammar! 'Sides, I don't think she even visits this site at all.

P.S. -- The End

If you enjoyed reading about "Spel Checkar?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!