Question on Vector CP1

PDA

Foxtrot427
March 22, 2006, 05:03 PM
I love how the pistol looks and Ive heard good things about it, I never see them for sale anywhere though. Do they sell them in the US at all?

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on Vector CP1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tarrigoni
March 22, 2006, 07:07 PM
I believe they were all recalled because they would fire if you bumped them or dropped them.

http://www.handgunrepairshop.com/vektor.htm

Foxtrot427
March 22, 2006, 07:49 PM
damn. Well thats too bad. Thanks

Thefabulousfink
March 22, 2006, 08:20 PM
Those were neat looking pistols, and they are sometimes used as props in sci-fi movies. If I remember the recall notice correctly, it said something like: "DO NOT LOAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES" :what: :eek: :what:

I doesn't look like they've been able to fix the problem, and even if they did they would have a lot of bad PR to overcome. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go back to work on making phaser replicas.:p

Chipperman
March 22, 2006, 08:41 PM
"DO NOT LOAD UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES"

Geez, that should make it MA compliant, but I haven't seen any here. :p

AndyC
March 22, 2006, 09:06 PM
South African 9mmP pistol made by Vektor, who also make the SP1 (SP1 is really a modified Beretta 92). Shot the CP1 at a range in Cape Town (can't recall the year) - dreadful trigger, numerous failures to extract.

Pity - could have been a nice wee beastie if it worked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Question on Vector CP1" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!