Why no C&R status for old Star pistols?

PDA

Radjxf
March 22, 2006, 11:07 PM
I'm considering obtaining a C&R FFL03. I don't see any of the old Star pistols, such as the Model B's on the list I've seen. Anyone know why they possibly didn't make the list?

If you enjoyed reading about "Why no C&R status for old Star pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
browningguy
March 22, 2006, 11:23 PM
I think primarily because it's difficult to "prove" that they were made more than 50 years ago. Some of the guns we think should be C&R status had manufacturing lives that go past the cut-off date. Unless the manufacturer has extremely reliable records to provide it's just easier to hold off until 50 years after production ended. And there is no advantage for the manufacturer to provide the needed records.

Ash
March 23, 2006, 08:06 AM
Just because it isn't on the list doesn't mean it doesn't qualify as long as the age does. And, there is a website that acutally lets you determine the age of a Star based on its serial number (don't tread on me.com or something kinda like that). Being listed is not important for relic status, only curio status. This was important for CZ-52's, which were curios based on their design, and the Yugo & Albanian SKS's. The Polish Tokes were not on the list because they are pretty generic in their design, and therefore must be relics (older than 50 years).

Ash

If you enjoyed reading about "Why no C&R status for old Star pistols?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!