Ed Brown customs

PDA

BozemanMT
March 23, 2006, 09:43 AM
In response to this thread http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=190339
I went off to Gunsport yesterday during lunch to do some shopping.
One of the cool things they had was a Ed Brown Custom on a Les Baer frame.
Looked very cool and not outrageous for custom 1911's.
tell me about Ed Brown customs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Ed Brown customs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dobe
March 23, 2006, 11:52 AM
I reallly have no experience with his customs. I have an Executive Target with which I am very happy. It is as reliable as any 1911 that I have used, and the most accurate of any I own. The fit of the parts is impressive, and the slide is not overly tight. I can acutally move the slide from side to side.

The front strap and housing are checkered. This checkering makes the gun feel very secure in my hands when firing. I tend to like adustable sights, even on defensive handguns. This is why I chose the Target model. It is built to the same standards as the Executive Elite, yet it has Bomar sights.

I usually put about a hundred or so rounds through it on the weekend. It certainly does its part even if I don't do mine. I wish I could afford another one.:)

Dobe

If you enjoyed reading about "Ed Brown customs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!