WInchester SXT?

PDA

SDM
March 23, 2006, 01:33 PM
What do you folks think of the Winchester SXT hpís in 9mm? I recently bought some for about half the price I had been paying for speer gold dots. Itís about time to do a carry ammo switch and I thought I would get a few opinions. Are they considered to be of the same general quality as gold dotís, hydra-shoks, etc.? I know this isnít the place to skimp but I got them for less than the WWB hpís so if I only use them for practice I am not out much.

Depending on your answers to my next question my first may be irrelevant. Is there really a need to ďrefreshĒ your carry ammo? I have got in the habit of doing this every 6 months or so, but I really donít know why. Does anyone else do this?

If you enjoyed reading about "WInchester SXT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Marshall
March 23, 2006, 01:40 PM
It's a very effective round and on par with the others. I don't switch every six months, some do, that's fine.

hotpig
March 23, 2006, 02:26 PM
The regular SXT ammo is ok. I prefer the Ranger T-Series SXT or Federal Tactical ammo.

I do not regularly switch my ammo out since I do not keep chambering the same bullet often. I do think my ammo rotates more than I think it does just out of attrition. UPS keeps me in good supply of damaged ammo boxes that I keep for myself instead of selling.;)

SDM
March 23, 2006, 04:44 PM
When I rechamber, I always rotate rounds within the magazine. Sometimes I'll take 5 out then chamber one, sometimes 15 out and so on. I don't actually keep track but I switch it up enough that setback shouldn't become much of an issue.

If you enjoyed reading about "WInchester SXT?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!