Searching for more accuracy

PDA

turtleman
March 23, 2006, 11:04 PM
I have a Savage model 12 VLP s-shot 22-250. With the current load the rifles current ave. of the last 10 5 shot groups at 100yds. is 0.246" ctc. with 4895 and nos.b-tips. needless to say very consistent. Everything is stock on rifle nothing changed and was wondering if I could improve performance with aftermarket bullets or maybe different powders. I shoot by myself so I dont know if this is good bad or just ave. I figured the heaviest bullets I could shoot would be 60gr. because of 1in12 twist on factory barrel.THANKS.

If you enjoyed reading about "Searching for more accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HSMITH
March 23, 2006, 11:57 PM
I think that is absolutely fantastic performance from loads, rifle AND shooter. I would not touch a thing unless I am going to a benchrest competition, and the load you have might just get it done even at a benchrest competition in a light rifle class.

Tomekeuro85
March 24, 2006, 12:50 PM
haha if you have that much accuracy out of that rifle I would just leave it alone before you make it angry and mess it up. Thats incredible for a factory rifle.

Cherokee
March 24, 2006, 01:26 PM
It ant broke, dont fix it. Enjoy it as it is.

caz223
March 24, 2006, 01:45 PM
Anything under 1/4" at 100 yards should be left alone.

If you enjoyed reading about "Searching for more accuracy" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!